• Poll closed .

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
At least I got to eat some Bananarama.
f6b1481223f27d30c71dbf641a931e93.jpg

I'm confused.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
That collapse was epic. How does a defense that looked that good through three quarters look that bad in the fourth? Not getting into FG range (or rather, getting into range only to be pushed back by a sack and a penalty) when you could put it away is soul-crushing, but the Falcons defense lost that game. Their secondary looked like swiss cheese in the fourth and Brady just tore them apart.

The Kalmyk

That collapse was epic. How does a defense that looked that good through three quarters look that bad in the fourth? Not getting into FG range (or rather, getting into range only to be pushed back by a sack and a penalty) when you could put it away is soul-crushing, but the Falcons defense lost that game. Their secondary looked like swiss cheese in the fourth and Brady just tore them apart.

Continuity!!!

Matt Ryan was off the field too much. The offensive engine went cold and the defense overheated.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

No defense can handle being on the field that long. As much as we think these guys are robots, they're not. The offense needs to get like 2 first downs in the 4th quarter and the game is over. You can't let NE run 14 plays, then go 3 & out, and expect them to be able to be fresh again. There's also the mental aspect that the defense thinks the offense has checked out (which they had).

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
offensive coordinator's fault. when the falcons are in fg range, and time is on their side, they take a sack, throw an incomplete pass, and a holding penalty, then another incomplete pass, and have to punt.
two runs there - using up another minute of clock, and 3 points ends the game. "we play to win" attitude screwed them royally (a word with 2 'y's in it)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was cowboys level choking right there...
well I mean at least atlanta can win a playoff game...so...have to give them that at least :)

My only annoyance is just that it was the greatest SB game ever...man, that game was really pretty awful....(1) 28-0 blowout followed by another 34-0 blowout. I guess the excitement was "is atlanta really going to collapse THIS badly?" Then the fumble...but that sequence with a 1st down on the 21 yard line then punting from the 50...game over.

How does a defense that looked that good through three quarters look that bad in the fourth?
Their offense killed them....fumble, 3 and outs, no ability to run the ball in the second half, getting outscored 34-0 ...by the time there was about 8min left, they were shot.

The Kalmyk

offensive coordinator's fault. when the falcons are in fg range, and time is on their side, they take a sack, throw an incomplete pass, and a holding penalty, then another incomplete pass, and have to punt.
two runs there - using up another minute of clock, and 3 points ends the game. "we play to win" attitude screwed them royally (a word with 2 'y's in it)

Shanahan was thinking Scott Norwood was watching the game. That could have had a big impact on the kickers foot,lol

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Shanahan was thinking Scott Norwood was watching the game. That could have had a big impact on the kickers foot,lol
Norwood missed a 47yrd-er, on grass which would have been the longest of his career...Norwood couldnt come CLOSE to the choke level of atlanta last night.

.Pats settle for a FG down 28 or 21-...I forget which...(in hindsight, very important play by Bellichek) miss and XP, totally fuck up an onside kick, brady had so many near pick offs, tipped balls and the one deep pass he threw looked like a 2015 Peyton Manning special....They were BEGGING atlanta to put the game away countless times. Shanahan is all your now San Francisco...ENJOY!!! He wont be able to get packed and out of atlanta fast enough. Samuel L Jackson is the world biggest falcons fans...hes probably reciting bible verses right now as he is driving over to Matt Ryans house.

The Kalmyk

Feed the Machine!!! Four catches for Jones. Could they have looked his way more often and test the double team? Another good question to mull over.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
...but that sequence with a 1st down on the 21 yard line then punting from the 50...game over.

You wanted to be mad at the ref for the holding call...But it was SO OBVIOUS.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
1993 Bills vs Oilers AFC championship game is what i kept thinking about last night. Warren Moon is probably sending gifts to Matt Ryan right about now. Like Marv Levy in 93 (houston were the collapse masters back then)...Im sure Belichek was saying to himself last night "for christ sakes this is Atlanta...They are complete losers...they will never ever win...not even if I coached them!...Not even if Brady played for them....we cant possibly lose this game!"

I was also thinking...That win probably just guaranteed that Tom Coughlin and Eli are now going to the HOF.

Much like seattle, houston.. that will be the end for this Atlanta team, they will never get back there. Not after a disaster like that... Will bet money they go 8-8 next year.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This is pretty salient coming from a guy who I thought sent his FF lineup like this:

1.jpg

Top Bottom