Your "forever home" search is over!

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Here are a few quaint fixer-uppers newly come to market ...

Pros:
Ideal neighbors
Lawn care at a minimum
You get to wear cable wool turtleneck sweaters with a captain's hat while you smoke a pipe without ever feeling self-conscious again

Cons:
Mass transit options limited
Consequences of wandering around property while fall-down drunk possibly more severe than currently are
Seagulls can be dicks
Fish sticks for dinner again

gtluke

The Moped
wonder if the electrical service is still on, and if you could actually keep it on. I would imagine having a new electrical service brought to the lighthouse would cost a million bucks if something happened to the cable.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Perfect zombie apocalypse living quarters. Plenty of water, access to food (hope you like fish), difficult to reach, good sight lines. The Captains hat is just icing on the cake.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
wonder if the electrical service is still on, and if you could actually keep it on. I would imagine having a new electrical service brought to the lighthouse would cost a million bucks if something happened to the cable.
Solar? Small generator?, small light house, small electric needs. It would be really cool to vacation in a lighthouse.

qclabrat

the only one I'd even consider is the one in MD, unfortunately the lighthouse is currently in disrepair and not inhabitable or even safe to get on
guess that's the reason no one has put in a bid

ilnadi

the only one I'd even consider is the one in MD, unfortunately the lighthouse is currently in disrepair and not inhabitable or even safe to get on
guess that's the reason no one has put in a bid
our boat is in Rock Hall so we've sailed past that many times, that's the aim point for the kids when they steer. I'll have to take a closer look at it next year (this season never happened due to LIFE) if anybody wants a personal inspection ;).

Blair

our boat is in Rock Hall so we've sailed past that many times, that's the aim point for the kids when they steer. I'll have to take a closer look at it next year (this season never happened due to LIFE) if anybody wants a personal inspection ;).

Do any locations freeze to snowmobile or ride fat bike out to any of these?

ilnadi

Do any locations freeze to snowmobile or ride fat bike out to any of these?
not the one in MD. that is in the middle of the major shipping lane to Baltimore. You're more likely to get hit by a cargo ship or drunk stinkpotter than have ice!

now northern MI, it depends on how far out. I lived in MI for 8 years, saw Lake Superior freeze a few hundred yards out, not the lower lakes.

Top Bottom