Yet another loop question.

Extremedave - Its all part of the split rock experience. Not for most people. Lets get back in touch for a possible weekend ride. Your trail choise.

Always up for a sunday AM ride. I've got a special stash that u will love. Never seen another mtn bike tire track on it. (ATV trail) Solid 3 mile rip. mostly downhill from the res side. By the charlettesburg rd. gate. Hard to find. Harder to follow leaf covered.

White or Blue blazed that runs close to the waters edge?

Would like to meet up with you guys if your into it. Ive been riding there a long time and know the place. Sounds like you guys dont mind the rocks.

We dont mind bouncing off the rocks at all. Actually makes it more fun out there.

Graveyardman--its not marked. Its an old quad trail. My favorite trail. Great on full suspension

if weather nice on sunday.
i'm gonna attempt to link splitrock and mahlon
wish me luck.
hope i didn't get eaten by bear :)

if weather nice on sunday.
i'm gonna attempt to link splitrock and mahlon
wish me luck.
hope i didn't get eaten by bear :)

You can follow the route we did 2 years ago when Norm got the Mahlon suprise.
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18848328
On this loop continuing NE after Timberbrook lake is good, but after you cross Green Pond it goes major HAB.
I would propose either going up GPR on pavement and turning right where the power lines cross over after Craigmeuir OR go around Timberbrook lake out to Jacobs (up and over) to GPR and then power lines to Greenpond ridge (see following)
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/179899769

The section from Winnebago Lake to Timberbrook Lake is probably one of my favorite sections of trail anywhere. It's rough, tough and raw, entirely ride-able and super fun. One of the hardest rock gardens around as you approach Timberbrook.

thanks bill.
here's my plan...(don't know if i can make it,hopefully two or three park, that's would enough for a day adventure)
i'm gonna try to follow sean's directions.wich is kinda similiar with yours.(i see you didn't go to greenpond chapel)
i will follow partially your route, all the way up to charloteburgh then make left to get to green pond, x-ing by into green pond chapel then left onto powerlines into longwood then rode a lil bit on berkshire then pick up beaver brook all the way up to sparta mtn then eventually x-ing route 23 then into wawayanda then going down to JH then RW then ramapo then home..after that both my leg felt off the ground:D

you may come with me GSS..i'm very slow!! it's gonna be an whole day exploring.
probably be there around 6-7am.
some company will be great tho.

liong

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite but i don't have the whole day. I only have the morning. Looks like an epic loop. I also want to find the way to jungle habitat. Its doable.

I rode Wildcat Ridge for the first time yesterday, and it was fantastic! Lots of really grueling climbs and rock gardens, and plenty of really great singletrack. It's certainly not for the faint of heart (or legs, or lungs). I'll definitely be back soon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions