Yes another andriod vs apple

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So contract is up and I am dumping Verizon, sorry @jShort I need to feed my kids.
So I have had my HTC1 m7 without any complaints. The rest of my family through out are Apple users without complaints.
So I get basically same deal for Apple 6 or HTC1 m9.
My curiosity wants to try the 6 will I miss any important functions from my droid. Will I love the 6 or wish for a droid.
Thanks in advance...

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Wait!
you all need new phones to switch from verizon to att.......(assuming you are going to T?)
or were you alone on the V plan?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@fidodie kids and I
V gave me 2 gigs
Kids no gigs
Me 450 talk
Kids unlimited
Me smartphone
Kids iggy phones

T 10 gigs each with 10 over annual
All unlimited
Talk and text
All smart phones
WiFi calling.
$80 less then V

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
T-Mobile is to phone carriers as cross is to bike racing. Next thing you know we're going to see you standing in a field talking on your cell phone by yourself just to practice.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This will be you in no time:

manrunning.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
@fidodie kids and I
V gave me 2 gigs
Kids no gigs
Me 450 talk
Kids unlimited
Me smartphone
Kids iggy phones

T 10 gigs each with 10 over annual
All unlimited
Talk and text
All smart phones
WiFi calling.
$80 less then V

Including the cost of the new phones?
(i'll assume they can get iphone 5 for $100/ea) - get the 64GB phones, not the 16.
The 10GB is a family plan (mobile share)?? Or you should be looking into family plan with roll-over. My family was 30GB and they doubled it on a promo. I never break 20GB anyway.
W/att, tablets can be added to the family plan for $10/month - no data charge, just draw on the family (i have an ipad, droid, and car on there).

been purchasing using their NEXT plan, which is no contract, pay for the phone monthly, lower monthly cost, so when the phone is paid off, the monthly cost
automatically drops more. also, if you get bored with the phone, there is a no-penalty after so many months, or some pay-to-upgrade thing....

Having all one family of phones is nice for the accessories - always a cable around. The Itunes has a decent "family" function for keeping $$ separate, but watching the kid's accounts.
Not sure about the play store.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You may not be happy with the cell phone reception with T at your house. Has anyone tested it?
Silly @soundz I have WiFi.
They just boosted one the largest power frequency thingy is our local towers. T has been working hard to get this corrected. So yes taking a chance but a chance I am willing to take.

gtluke

The Moped
you can check out www.ting.com too, that's what my wife uses. Her nexus 5 is like $32 a month. You can either use GSM under t-mobile or CDMA under sprint.
Aren't all iphones world phones now? You can't just switch them to GSM? hmm.
Matty I wouldn't get the m9, the Galaxy S6 is much nicer. I had the m8 and went with the s6 active (at&t only)
you probably won't miss anything if you go to an iphone.

ting has a nice guide, if they are iphone 5s's or above you can bring them to ting and they will work. Should be the same for Tmobile then also
https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/arti...ice-to-Ting-Compatibility-and-Unlocking-Guide

gtluke

The Moped
You may not be happy with the cell phone reception with T at your house. Has anyone tested it?
T-mobile has voice over wifi and has for like a decade. It's 2015 and nobody else does this (except google project fi IIRC) absurd.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@fidodie
Kids get 5s
Yes same deal with phone upgrade and such.
Another nice feature is music stream aka spotify Pandora does not count against data.

Top Bottom