Yellow trail/wall reroute from Saffin Pond?

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I always screw this up. Been parking at Rock Rill lately, but want to do Wall Reroute to Stone Gate back to the pond (clockwise...basically). It's all yellow but I can't ever find the trailhead from the road. Must be stupid or something.
Thx!

Probably Sunday morning if anyone is interested. John says if I get him the bike tonight he'll put the fork on tomorrow! Woo hoo!:)

Shaggz

A strong 7
Dave, Park at the picnic area and cross Weldon Road via the small trail by the kiosk. Make a left on yellow, and keep following left until you hit the plateau at the top of the "Wall". Hard right and you are going down. I don't have the energy to search for it, but there are a few route descriptions in this forum that you can follow to make a big loop. Sunday is probably a road day for me, or else I would join you.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Ah. Never thought to start there, always park by the pond. Cool, thanks!
So the yellow should pop me out right by where Sean and I did our misguided blue trail hike-a-bike after coming down Beaver Brook. Excellent.

PS, John just called and the fork is done, so probably be at Mahlon tomorrow afternoon instead. Hot damn!!!

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When you guys are talking WMA, what areas/trails are you referring to? Seeing as I can get to Mahlon in about 10-15 without traffic, it's looking more and more like my go-to spot.

BTW Shaggz that loop worked out great for me Sunday, thanks. Must have just missed you guys as well, got back to the van about 11:15.

Was weird, due to the fog it seemed like it shoulda been nasty, but was a good morning to ride.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
When you guys are talking WMA, what areas/trails are you referring to? Seeing as I can get to Mahlon in about 10-15 without traffic, it's looking more and more like my go-to spot.

BTW Shaggz that loop worked out great for me Sunday, thanks. Must have just missed you guys as well, got back to the van about 11:15.

Was weird, due to the fog it seemed like it shoulda been nasty, but was a good morning to ride.

WMA is North of Weldon Road and West of the rail bed.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Glad it worked out, Dave. Road ride was bagged last minute due to fog.

Should the picnic area be closed, another option is park at Saffins and the entrance to yellow is about ten yards past the lot. Make a left at the intersection and you will eventually hit the gravel climb by the camping area and make a right to proceed to the Wall.

Will be out there tomorrow AM, and I predict excellent conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad it worked out, Dave. Road ride was bagged last minute due to fog.

Should the picnic area be closed, another option is park at Saffins and the entrance to yellow is about ten yards past the lot. Make a left at the intersection and you will eventually hit the gravel climb by the camping area and make a right to proceed to the Wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ended up doing just that. Rode past the picnic area and knew I was on the right path.:D
Don't ask me why, always thought wma was the area outside the mahlon park perimeter...like the trailhead at beaver brook. Now that I have my bearings on the south side can start on the north stuff. Thanks again guys!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
There is wma that direction too. When we mahlon-ites say wma, we are talking about the area west/northwest of mdr's boundary.

Shaggz

A strong 7
What Tim said... Techincally, you are in the You are also in the WMAs when you take the Wall reroute and the entrance to Stone Gate (Yellow after the Beaver Brook. Stay tuned there may be more to come...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions