XT vs. Sunrace Cassettes?

stevie.mtb

Currently running an XT M8000 cassette (11/42), 32 chainring up front and a KMC x11SL chain on my trail bike. Also using an XT M8000 rear derailleur. My chain and cassette have seen their day and need to be replaced. I've heard about the Sunrace cassette because it is a hair lighter/cheaper than the XT....

I'm considering replacing the XT with the Sunrace CSMX8. Has anyone had experience with a similar setup? Shift quality, longevity, etc. All gear ratios and what not would remain the same. Thanks!

qclabrat

Currently running an XT M8000 cassette (11/42), 32 chainring up front and a KMC x11SL chain on my trail bike. Also using an XT M8000 rear derailleur. My chain and cassette have seen their day and need to be replaced. I've heard about the Sunrace cassette because it is a hair lighter/cheaper than the XT....

I'm considering replacing the XT with the Sunrace CSMX8. Has anyone had experience with a similar setup? Shift quality, longevity, etc. All gear ratios and what not would remain the same. Thanks!
Sunrace cassettes are highly recommended. I have both and couldn't tell the difference without looking. Actually the Sunrace looks better made and I really like the ones with the red spacers for bling.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I’m using that model Sunrace 11-40T black with XT 11spd. Looks and works great. I think I remember it being lighter than the XT too.

FitmanNJ

I've had a good experience with the Sunrace 11-speed 11-46 cassette. Swapped it in for an XT cassette -- the gears at the granny end are spaced more evenly on the Sunrace, which I much prefer, and I've had no negative issues with it.

qclabrat

I just think they're purdier
IMG_20180922_175352.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What's the weight difference? I just put an 11-46 xt on and it's a tank. I can run a 36t in front with the extra range though

stevie.mtb

What's the weight difference? I just put an 11-46 xt on and it's a tank. I can run a 36t in front with the extra range though
Not sure of the weight of the 11-46. I am after the 11-42. Claimed weight for 11-42 is as follows:
Shimano CS-M8000 11-42: 434g
Sunrace CSMX8 11-42: 419g

Top Bottom