XD SS conversions

Strugglebus

And to elaborate...

I have no experience with this kit, but if my el mariachi stays with me I planned on giving it a try. Seems to have good reviews from what I’ve seen on the interwebs

JDurk

Ran 1 on my new SS for a few weeks. Works as advertised. Came with 18t and 20t cog.
IMG_20190414_151416.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hmm looking at that, how small can you go. Do they have a limit? Are they any other company's like SURLY or Paul making these? Sorry guys just real busy today.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not a logical answer if you've got some weird OEM wheels where you have no idea what the freehub is. Or it's an expensive freehub...

Personally I like the second freehub just for making the swap between SS and geared easy. No tool swap.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No tools? You just rip it apart with your hands?

On the wheel. On my Stan's hubs I'd just pull the freehub (with cassette) w/ end cap off and swap the freehub with one setup with a single gear. For removing the shifting I just take the dropout/derailleur/cable/housing/shifter all off in one single piece and swap on a SS dropout.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
On the wheel. On my Stan's hubs I'd just pull the freehub (with cassette) w/ end cap off and swap the freehub with one setup with a single gear. For removing the shifting I just take the dropout/derailleur/cable/housing/shifter all off in one single piece and swap on a SS dropout.
Sounds like this involves tools

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes. Yes it involves tools.

I meant on the wheel/hub end not requiring tools when I mentioned it. A 5mm hex to take off the derailleur is much different than chain whip, cassette tool, etc.

Top Bottom