WTB: rim brake 700c wheels

qclabrat

decent backup wheel for my touring bike, needs to have wider rims so a CX or 29r set will do
100/135 QR

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
i may have something - you really interested in bontrager mustangs off my 29r?
otherwise i have a road set - rc24 orig equip from my caad8
think the spacing is right.

qclabrat

i may have something - you really interested in bontrager mustangs off my 29r?
otherwise i have a road set - rc24 orig equip from my caad8
think the spacing is right.
thanks but probably not enough spoke count to handle a load plus me

qclabrat

Have a set off a giant cx bike. Off the top of my head I think they're cxp22 rims. I'll measure rim width over the weekend if you want @qclabrat
they may be too narrow for running 38mm and larger tires. Guessing finding wider rims/29r wheels for rim brakes are going to be harder than expected. The ideal wheels I'm looking for will have rims like Velocity Atlas or Sun Rhynolite. My current set are DT TK540s but looking for a lighter set without a dyno hub. Maybe it's time to build a set from old XTR hubs I have laying around.

@qclabrat I have a set of Neugent/Neuvations that I’m looking to sell. Low low miles, like only a cross race and a couple of practices, at most. They have red hubs and skewers and nipples . They’re 24mm wide I believe. $150 11spd 10spd and lower w spacer

qclabrat

@qclabrat I have a set of Neugent/Neuvations that I’m looking to sell. Low low miles, like only a cross race and a couple of practices, at most. They have red hubs and skewers and nipples . They’re 24mm wide I believe. $150 11spd 10spd and lower w spacer
How many spokes, looking for strong so 36-32 spokes. I just ordered a set of rims to build my own with older XTR hubs since I haven't received a response. Thanks

Top Bottom