WTB : Cannondale Prophet Frame, Size L, Rear Through Axle - Help me feed my retro addiction!

serviceguy

I have been hoarding late pro-flex frames ('97, '98), but I ran out of options (got them all basically)...

So now I decided to move on to another classic, late 2000s Cannondale Prophet, also due to the specific model being easily upgraded to 27.5 wheels.

Let me know if you have a frame you want to get rid of, if it fits my specs we can talk!

Really looking for a through axle swingarm, rather than the more common QR.

You're looking for a Prophet MX. Thru axle in the rear and was running 160mm fork instead of usual 140mm. Good luck finding one.

Why through axle? I had a Rush (very similar bike) and I never had issues with the QR and never found it flexy.

Those bikes are perfect for 27.5 at least in the front.

I am trying to get at least in the 21st century...you can install a 27.5 in the back as well, main reason I'm looking into one of these. Can't really shed the money for anything more modern (usual things such as mortgage, car loan and home improvements). I may consider the QR though as the MX turned out to be a unicorn...

Just be careful with the back. On the later Rush's (Maybe the SL?) there's a bridge in the back on the swingarm to make it stiffer. That bridge is in the way of a 27.5 tire, not sure if it's the case on the Prophet.

No bridge on the Prophet frame. From what I remember, a 27.5x2.3 tire will fit in the rear with the FD removed, and the rear shock had to be left in the XC mounting hole. If located in the FR mounting hole, tire would hit the seat tube.

Back
Top Bottom