WTB: 29" Straight Steerer Fork; Dropper Post

WumpusXT

Looking to upgrade the coil spring fork on my bike. Would like an air fork.

Need 1-1/8" steerer tube, 80-120mm travel, clearance for Maxxis Ardent 2.4 EXO's, and post-type caliper mounts (if not I can get an adapter). Nothing crazy expensive but I would like it to work or at least be serviceable (I dont mind getting my hands dirty). I don't care much about the axle. I can convert my Stans 3.30 hubs to accept 9mm QR, 12mm, or 15mm

I had a lead on THREE RS Reba's but all were sold out from under me.

I would also like to move to a dropper post. Needs 30.9mm seat tube and external cable routing. If I could get a KS Lev that would be sweet. I dont know how I feel about the dropper posts with the cable going all the up to the saddle clamp.

Last edited:

WumpusXT

Bumping again. This Suntour fork is taking an absolute beating. Its so thrashed at this point it might as well be a rigid.

WumpusXT

Couldn't find the receipt to take advantage of Suntours upgrade program so I am bumping. I'm not sure I trust those Ebay retailers selling Epixon forks for super cheap.

My last ride at Chimney Rock absolutely killed my fork. There is so much play between the lowers and the stanchions.

Jim & Val

What's your budget? I got a Reba R 29 straight steerer 9mm qr from pro bike supply for less than $500 brand new. Was going through the same process as you waiting for something to come up for sale, just got tired of waiting.
Jim

WumpusXT

It's looking like thats gonna be my last option. Every ride this fork just gets more and more haggard and the more competent a rider I become the closer I get to the limit of what it can handle . I just feel at that point I should just invest in a better frame/fork combo instead of spending that much money on a fork that costs more than the entire bike was new. Most of my upgraded components should swap over with minor adjustments.

Top Bottom