WTB 26' Rigid Fork 1 1/8 Treadless V Brake

Fire Lord Jim

I am back in the shop Tuesday. I will see what I have in that length (or bigger). Figure $15.
Are you switching from suspension? That would change geometry.

Fire Lord Jim

Hmm... not any fork will do. Trek frame design is fork-dependent. I am concerned that your bars and bottom bracket get lowered with the wrong replacement.
Take one more measurement: dropout to head tube.
Uh, huh-huh, he said "tube" again.
Yeah, heh-heh.

Fire Lord Jim

That sounds really long.
My Yeti with Fox 32 shock is 19".
My KHS with rigid fork is 16"
We are measuring from the axle dropout to where the fork goes into the head tube.

Using my two bikes as an example, (both 26" wheels), were I to swap the suspension fork for the rigid, the front would ride three inches lower. That is what we need to avoid.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
u can’t compare suspension to rigid fork lengths like that.. there is no rigid fork that will have the long length a-c that a suspension fork will

but u can’t not pay attention to it either

Karate Monkey

FYI, axle-to-crown for a suspension corrected rigid fork should be taken at 20% (to 30%) sag from whatever suspension fork you have.

What does that mean? Measure A-t-C, then subtract 20-30% of the fork travel, depending on your desired handling characteristics. 25% is a good guess, if you have no strong opinion. A 100mm fork is minus 20mm, a 120 is minus 24 (nearly an inch...), etc, etc.

Fire Lord Jim

17" from dropout to crown race; 1.125" steerer 8.5" long. With star nut.
With Karate Monkey's sag adjustment, it seems like a fit.

Last edited:

Fire Lord Jim

Yes. Want me to put it aside? It is in Trenton; I am near Flemington.
The boss does want $20 for this fork as it rarer than standard forks.

Top Bottom