WTB: 17 or Medium size 27.5 MTB under $600

satanic pizza

I am trying to help a teenager participating in a high school mtb program being run by the cadence youth cycling foundation in Philadelphia to get his first bike.

His dad has no experience with bikes so reached out through facebook asking for help from the local community and sadly he got me :D But I happened to know his son's coach, which was awesome, so talked with him about an appropriate bike and I'm here now to beg borrow and steal for deals for the kid.

They ride Fuji Nevadas in the program, so that's a hardtail w 100mm travel w a lockout. He lives along the Wiss trails, so those will be the primary riding area (rocks, roots, logs, climbing) so something on the XC end of the weight, gearing, travel spectrum would be appropriate. His dad can afford $500-600 which I know is not a ton of money but it would be great to get a bike he can grow with - that can be upgraded as his skills increase. We all know getting a junky or inappropriate bike can turn you off of riding it.

If you have anything that fits the budget and spec, let me know and I'll get his dad in touch to work out details. The kid is really dedicated and positive, and per his coach has really taken to mtbs so I'm stoked to try and help him out. Thanks all.

Top Bottom