WSF JORBA Trail Work and Rides

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
The recent winter storms have dropped some trees across the trail.

We are planning on a Super Sunday Stop 'n Chop ride up the east side of the PBT to clear up the worst of it. Meet 2/4/18 at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Bring a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Go Eagles!

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
The recent winter storms have dropped some trees across the trail. We are planning on a Super Sunday Stop 'n Chop ride up the east side of the PBT to clear up the worst of it. Meet 2/4/18 at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Bring a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Go Eagles!

**CANCELLED** due to the forecasted weather.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2018 Spring Cleaning
April 1 and April 15

The past winter's storms have not been kind to the Batsto mtb trails. To remediate, we have two Spring Cleaning days scheduled in April. That's when the trail tread will be repaired, drainage nicks cleared, turns de-berm'd, face slappers clipped and deadfalls given the heave-ho.

Meet at the trailhead at 9:00 am. We'll be back to the parking lot by 12:30 pm. All are invited.

Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack.

We'll be following up with more dates as we work our way around to the trouble spots.

THANKS!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
posted on the what's happening thread... but FYI... april 1 is easter sunday... might have an impact on who can come out.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
posted on the what's happening thread... but FYI... april 1 is easter sunday... might have an impact on who can come out.

And april 7 is the first MASS (pun intended) race. So there is always the second date of the 15th. Come on out on whichever date suits you.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2018 Spring Cleaning
April 1 and April 15
The past winter's storms have not been kind to the Batsto mtb trails. To remediate, we have two Spring Cleaning days scheduled in April. That's when the trail tread will be repaired, drainage nicks cleared, turns de-berm'd, face slappers clipped and deadfalls given the heave-ho. Meet at the trailhead at 9:00 am. We'll be back to the parking lot by 12:30 pm. All are invited. Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be following up with more dates as we work our way around to the trouble spots. THANKS!

The Sunday April 15 Trail Work has been cancelled due to the current TWC forecast, rain all day Sunday.
Thanks!

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
While chopping out that pine logover on the Huckleberry Trail, we found a chunk of BlackSpire ring guard underneath.
If its yours, send a description and we'll email you the part.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
The late-summer/early fall trail work of chopping, sawing, clipping and brushing continue on the Batsto mtb trails. The PBT lap times are correspondingly dropping. swoop.

A big *you're welcome*, to the riders that saw us working and said *thanks!* or better yet, to the riders that stopped to ask about supporting JORBA.

This year's JORBA\Wharton chapter volunteer list so far includes: myself (aka: Manifesto); Uncle Pibbles (aka: grrrrrrr); Bobby Borgata (aka: Kegger Kevin); and Millville Jim (aka: Chuck Norris). Absent missed regulars include: Dave Is Not Here (aka: The Batsto Bear) and Moray 42 (aka: The MerMan). Our trail work motivation/inspiration points have been provided by Archie Bell and the Drells, along with SJ_Johnny and the Paulsboro Jukes. Much thanks to all.

Davesnhere

Kurt, if you can, please shoot me an email to let me know when the next trail maintenance is/will be...(I'm not always on here, and was totally unaware if the last one). I'm heading out there to ride the orange now, and will tidy up a few spots that I know are in need....

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Kurt, if you can, please shoot me an email to let me know when the next trail maintenance is/will be...(I'm not always on here, and was totally unaware if the last one). I'm heading out there to ride the orange now, and will tidy up a few spots that I know are in need....

Thanks, will do! We're hoping this winter's storms are kinder and require less unscheduled post storm recovery axe/saw work days. I'll be posting a 2019 spring schedule soon, for post winter trail tread repair rake/hoe work on the first miles.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2019 Spring Cleaning
Sunday May 5 & Saturday May 18

Trail work help needed. All are invited. Current plan for the day calls for clipping the face slappers and trail tread repair on the first mile, clearing nicks, removing silt, and firming up the trail where it needs it. Meet at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Rain cancels. Thanks!

25892_1112429786982_6816155_n.jpg

Last edited:

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2019 Spring Cleaning
Sunday May 5 & Saturday May 18

Trail work help needed. All are invited. Current plan for the day calls for clipping the face slappers and trail tread repair on the first mile, clearing nicks, removing silt, and firming up the trail where it needs it. Meet at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Rain cancels. Thanks!

The scheduled May 5 trail work is cancelled due to the forecasted weather. We'll see you on Saturday May 18.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2019 Spring Cleaning
Saturday May 18

Trail work help needed. All are invited.

The current plan for the day calls for clearing the drainage nicks and removing silt from the trail tread in the first mile. Doing this regular maintenance keeps this section of trail in good shape to ride.

Meet at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Rain cancels. Thanks!

moray42

Merman
2019 Spring Cleaning
Saturday May 18

Trail work help needed. All are invited.

The current plan for the day calls for clearing the drainage nicks and removing silt from the trail tread in the first mile. Doing this regular maintenance keeps this section of trail in good shape to ride.

Meet at 9:00 in the Batsto Visitor Center parking lot near the trailhead. Tools, work gloves and water provided. Bring your favorite work shoes, a sense of humor, and maybe a snack. We'll be back in the lot before 12:30. Rain cancels. Thanks!
Sorry, going to miss this one. Have some house projects to get done since I’m coming up on a deadline. Hopefully I’ll be there next time.

pibbles

kurt let me know what didn't get done or any choppin that needs doin, I should be able to get out next week.....

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
kurt let me know what didn't get done or any choppin that needs doin, I should be able to get out next week.....

Thanks! Lee and I cleared a lot of the drainage nicks, starting at the trailhead up to Gil's Hill on the west side.

The drainage nicks on both sides of the fire tower still need to be cleared. Along with the nicks that are south of the green double track on the west side. Will send you an email.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions