WSF 2013/2014 Season JORBA Rides & Work

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That's the way stories go. It was really Kurt wrestling with a beer in the lot waiting for the Ricks to ride back that got miscommunicated :)

Thats not correct either. While waiting in the parking lot, I waved to Santa and gave the Grinch directions to Primo Hoagies in Ham'ton. :D

The current TWC 10 day forecast for the 11/30 night ride looks promising. woopwoop!

Frank

Sasquatch
Fun ride last night!, the sarcasm flowed almost as well as the trails! I wonder how the lost boys made out, didn't see them.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Yeah, good times! :D

The next JORBA Wharton Forest trail work day is 1/11/14. The next JORBA Wharton night ride is 1/25/14. Wharton staff will be leading a beginner pace New Years Day ride again this year. Will post link/details on all three when available.

If you're itching for an organized sNJ group ride in December, there are two rides, one at night, scheduled at Belleplain in December. http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31711

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Situations out of my control left me unable to partake in the fun this time around. I guess I'll have to wait until Jan... :(
I'm eying up the Belleplain night ride. Never been and my bucket list requires me to conquer Mt Widmaier :D

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Situations out of my control left me unable to partake in the fun this time around. I guess I'll have to wait until Jan... :(
I'm eying up the Belleplain night ride. Never been and my bucket list requires me to conquer Mt Widmaier :D

The mountain is not much of a climb, but it does go all the way to the bottom on the downhill side. :)

NJ Parks and Forests' First Day Hike Events include mtb rides at Belleplain and Wharton. http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/first_day_hikes.html

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
Nyd

Perfect weather for the WSF NYD ride. :) Much thanks to all the WSF regulars that attended and the new folks that came out to see what the Huckleberry Trail was like. Plus much thanks to Moray42 and SJ_John for helping out as trail guides.

The current TWC forecast for the 1/11/14 trail work day looks good. The current plan is to spend some time repairing a trail section near the trailhead. Much like a muddy section of trail, a soft sandy section of trail just gets wider and wider. :(

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
1/11/14 TM cancelled

1/11/14 Wharton trail work is cancelled. The current TWC forecast shows it raining all day Friday and Saturday. :(

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
*Cancelled* 1/25/14 night ride

Tapping out early (as uncle Pibbles would say) and cancelling the WSF 1/25/14 night ride due to the current trail conditions and the current TWC forecast that calls for scattered snow showers all day Saturday. :(

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
2/8/14 Ride

The cold conditions are not appropiate for the planned trail work this Saturday.
But it does look really good for a chilly cartoon ride. :) Maybe mix in some different trails other then the usual routes.

Meet near the trailhead. Wheels out at 9:00. Be back before 12:30. Bring helmet, hydration and a sense of humor.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
The cold conditions are not appropiate for the planned trail work this Saturday.
But it does look really good for a chilly cartoon ride. :) Maybe mix in some different trails other then the usual routes.

Meet near the trailhead. Wheels out at 9:00. Be back before 12:30. Bring helmet, hydration and a sense of humor.

I don't think I can make it down on Sat but if you happen to be off of work tomorrow, a couple of us from North, West, Central NJ are coming down for a ride :getsome: wheels down ~10:30 am. :)
How much snow on the ground down there?

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
I don't think I can make it down on Sat but if you happen to be off of work tomorrow, a couple of us from North, West, Central NJ are coming down for a ride :getsome: wheels down ~10:30 am. :)

The recent rains have washed most of the snow away. Today's and tomorrow's temps should give you a fast frozen trail. Have a good ride!

moray42

Merman

Not sure about over there in the park, but pretty much all around town here the snow is gone. Warmer weekend temps, and only rain from that storm earlier in the week cleared it out.

slingblade_uhhuh

JORBA.ORG
*cancelled* 2/22/14 night ride

Circumstances are forcing us to cancel this 2/22 Saturday's night ride.

On the plus side.... Sunday 2/23/14 should be a prime day to ride Wharton. :)

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions