Would you buy a $6000 bike at Walmart?

olegbabich

I think it is great that Walmart is selling high end bikes.

I would not pay this kind of $$$ for a Hard Tail Bike.

Long time ago I paid $3000 for a Single Speed Hard Tail Bike. Thais was before I learned how overpriced Cycling is.

-YETI-

I find it weird that the grandkids didn't brand these bikes as Rapha if they wanted to launch a bike line as they also own Rapha.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
From what I can tell I don't think you can buy the bike, or any of the Viathon branded bikes, in Walmart stores or Walmart.com. Yes, the Viathon brand is owned by Walmart but I don't think Walmart is anywhere on the bike or on the Viathon website.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The pinkbike article compared it to the top of the line trek and canyon hardtails. It was cheaper than both with the same level of components but not enough that it was a differentiating factor.

Walmart actually has some pretty positive ties to bikes ( their relationship with Bentonville). FWIW.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
From what I can tell I don't think you can buy the bike, or any of the Viathon branded bikes, in Walmart stores or Walmart.com. Yes, the Viathon brand is owned by Walmart but I don't think Walmart is anywhere on the bike or on the Viathon website.

The pinkbike article compared it to the top of the line trek and canyon hardtails. It was cheaper than both with the same level of components but not enough that it was a differentiating factor.

Walmart actually has some pretty positive ties to bikes ( their relationship with Bentonville). FWIW.
Right?
Nobody actually read the article. Otherwise they’d know that the bikes are not sold at WalMart. They’re direct to customer like Canyon. The bikes are designed by some dude with some experience. Bento villa has a massive trail system paid for and built by Walmart.
FWIW, UCI World CX Championships are there is 2020 or 2021.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
His point of going upwards from the cheap Walmart bike is interesting but I think flawed.

My own personal experience is I was a Walmart shopper and as my finances got better I graduated not to nicer Walmart items but nicer stores than Walmart selling nicer items...

I didn't see anything about Warranty but that's pretty important. Who's bringing their 6k bike back to Walmart to be worked on by the guys building kid's bikes?

Top Bottom