World Cup

Watching the rebroadcast of Spain v Morocco. Wow, the Morocco players are really really dirty. They’re high on every tackle and they drag their cleats across their opponents legs every opportunity they can. By the 45 min mark they should be down at least two men. That being said, Spain is dominating time of possession but the defenseman are way to nonchalant with the ball and keep giving up quick strike opportunities.... and Morocco is quick! Yes, I know how it ends.... but it’s still an interesting match.

And i missed it all..., thinking the games were settled

funny, a lot of people are saying that. Making it 'easy' for Russia.....it looked like it could've been a Russia - Iran match on 2nd rd......who knows, can't trust the Russians ;-P ........no doping scandal from the Russian Soccer Federation yet???????

and what happened to the Colombian lady on my previous post?!?!?!? :mad:

Never mind the awesome shot with his weaker foot, those first two touches taking the ball out of the air in a full sprint were fucking sublime!

With six points at the start of the final group game, Mexico could still fail to qualify, and South Korea with zero points could still qualify. Crazy. Germany could potentially win and fail to qualify, but they could also lose and still qualify. It's very exciting when everyone is still alive and nobody is guaranteed to advance yet on the final day of the first round. I've got both games streaming and I keep getting confused because Mexico and Germany are both wearing green jerseys :p

wow, I don't watch, but having Korea knock out Germany has to be big
@C8N, did you watch?
No... I heard that the ROK team was weak in this WC
I forgot to watch the 1st one but after hearing them losing, I skipped them.

Weird thing is ROK, for whatever reason, has been strong against strong teams but sucks donkey ass against mid to weak teams.

2DA020BA-0227-4D58-A685-2DD611B0A4AA.jpeg4A63B748-C6ED-4485-BFF9-C15C3139D426.jpeg

Biggest ROK fan in the world ;-)

Fuck. Where do I even start.....

Mexico back again at being Mexico. I was expecting 7. Thank god it was only 3! Exact same situation vs Chile last time. One goal against and completely lose form and were out of the game mentally. If it not for Korea’s win Mex would be out. I think they deserve to be out. But the system works in our favor.

As far as Germany being out. I work for a German company and all my colleagues didn’t have faith on this team (despite them winning all 10 qualifier games and also the confederations cup last year). They claimed this team wasn’t strong enough and that it wouldn’t make it far. I guess they knew their stuff. I saw only part of the Ger-Kor game yesterday and the Germans were just walking. Seemed to be also checked out of the game. Never seen a German team like that before.

Well. So far it does seem that all the teams that were supposed to be on 2nd rd are there, except Germany ....
Uruguay-russia
Spain-portugal
France-denmark
Croatia-arg
Brazil-swiss
Sweden-mex****one doesn’t belong :)

Interesting tie breaker rules for Japan vs Senegal
Had to go to second step #4 to decide

here are the entire rules:
First step: Pursuant to the criteria listed in art. 32 (5) lit. a) to c) of the Competition Regulations.
  1. greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
  2. goal difference in all group matches;
  3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
Second step: If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the first step (see example in Table 1), their ranking will be determined by applying to the group matches between the teams concerned the criteria listed in art. 32 (5) lit. d) to h) in the order of their listing.
  1. greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
  2. goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
  3. greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
  4. greater number of points obtained in the fair play conduct of the teams based on yellow and red cards received in all group matches;
  5. drawing of lots by the FIFA.

Interesting tie breaker rules for Japan vs Senegal
Had to go to second step #4 to decide

here are the entire rules:
First step: Pursuant to the criteria listed in art. 32 (5) lit. a) to c) of the Competition Regulations.
  1. greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
  2. goal difference in all group matches;
  3. greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
Second step: If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the first step (see example in Table 1), their ranking will be determined by applying to the group matches between the teams concerned the criteria listed in art. 32 (5) lit. d) to h) in the order of their listing.
  1. greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
  2. goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
  3. greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
  4. greater number of points obtained in the fair play conduct of the teams based on yellow and red cards received in all group matches;
  5. drawing of lots by the FIFA.
Which article # covers the graft guidelines? I’d hate for someone to overpay. ;)

No... I heard that the ROK team was weak in this WC
I forgot to watch the 1st one but after hearing them losing, I skipped them.

Weird thing is ROK, for whatever reason, has been strong against strong teams but sucks donkey ass against mid to weak teams.

cuz people don't take them seriously and expect someone else to pick it up and beat them.

Thats a tough tie breaker I wish they would do a play off at that point between those 2 teams, no skin off my know I'm happy we(Colombia) made it out.

Not enough time for an extra game in these short tourneys.
Maybe other “game stats” like time of possession etc. I think this is what some commentators were suggesting. I don’t think it will happen too often.

Back
Top Bottom