Working for our possessions

Haha nope I don't do that stuff anymore , I am a yoga health nut now ! It sucks too , 2 of my neighbors are growers so my costs are incredible out here . I enjoyed my weed run it was fun & I didn't go to jail in the communist state !

Moves to Colorado. Quits weed.
IMG_7847.GIF

Not to derail, but I will point out weed and yoga are not exclusive.

I'd like to take a month off and drive a small RV around the US. There are things I haven't seen. Not sure I could do it for good. I'd still like someplace to call home.

I take a little exception to the french couple Pete met pan-handling their way around the world. But, really my only exception is that I wouldn't drop any money in their hat. If you need money, earn it. Shit, dead-heads used to make and sell t-shirts, bumper stickers or mac and cheese to make a buck so they could get to the next show. Of course, other dead-heads used to make money selling acid. Lots of options out there.

I take a little exception to the french couple Pete met pan-handling their way around the world. But, really my only exception is that I wouldn't drop any money in their hat. If you need money, earn it. Shit, dead-heads used to make and sell t-shirts, bumper stickers or mac and cheese to make a buck so they could get to the next show. Of course, other dead-heads used to make money selling acid. Lots of options out there.

Good point on their bum status but I wouldn't give them a dime just because they don't wear helmets

Reactions: rlb
pan-handling their way around the world
Beg-packing apparently is a thing now. Either IRL or via GoFundMe, etc. We all want to travel the world but most of us don't skip the tough part of actually saving and making sacrifices before the trip. Shit if it works for these people, maybe I'll open a GoFundMe for my retirement.

Beg-packing apparently is a thing now. Either IRL or via GoFundMe, etc. We all want to travel the world but most of us don't skip the tough part of actually saving and making sacrifices before the trip. Shit if it works for these people, maybe I'll open a GoFundMe for my retirement.

Yeah it's the short-cut "mentality".

there are always odd jobs to make money - hell, you might be able to make yourself famous doing real work!
@warcricket is well on his way. I like the way he shows up in NJ, and then is suddenly in Utah, or Montana.....

I can't even contemplate the guts this would take to go all in.
Some may have a safety net is, sell the van, get a bus ticket home. That isn't really risking it,
other than pirates, or car troubles....

Reactions: rlb
I think Rich is trolling us
Not really rob , it was a super cool experience out here , hell everyday is an amazing day out here . I was just surprised that the first comment was someone bitching about what they drive ??? Who gives a fuck and then the other bullshit comments from people . It was a neat thing that I should have never put up on this site , there is a reason I haven't been on here much anymore... people like to bitch about everything or offer opinions because there lives are so perfect even if it doesn't effect them at all . Hey @rib congrats on the kid . I just found out . I guess it works !! If your ever in Denver hit me up Gratecontracting.com

Haha @ktmrider I was talking about the weed. I liked the video. People are gonna bitch no matter what, don't let that stop you from sharing something cool.

Thanks man, yep the boys did their job. Enjoy it out there, I will hit you up when I do eventually make it out that way.

@rlb weed is the only thing that keeps me away from beer , so it will stay in my life especially since my neighbors are pro growers :)
You are correct about people on the internet , I presented this foram /site at a CORBA meeting (Colorado off-road bike assoc ) last week and everybody thought it was a great idea and they liked the way MTBNj was set up but the concerns were users throwing stones and. Constantly having to babysit the site . So they passed . I'm not sure how norm does it .

Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Nothin', don't mean nothin' hon' if it ain't free.
Those lyrics are somewhat corny but when Janis sang it the vocals became art. Great song.

It was a neat thing that I should have never put up on this site , there is a reason I haven't been on here much anymore... people like to bitch about everything or offer opinions because there lives are so perfect even if it doesn't effect them at all .

Everything that gets posted is an opinion, so what you're saying is if it's not your opinion it's "bitching"? Are we supposed to just agree that it's great even if we know that it isn't? I've lived a homeless life, and the one thing I can state with absolute certainty about it is that you are always one small incident away from complete ruin. Always. Some parts are admittedly pretty great compared to the work-a-day bullshit most of us deal with today. But that constant possibility that it can all go south very quickly because of something you never saw coming is really, really stressful, and unless you're a damn fool, it's always in the back of you mind. And it doesn't have to be something big - it just has to be enough to put you on the slippery slope toward total destitution. But, hey - if that's what you feel you need in order to "feel alive" then have at it. Believe what you want about those folks. Hell, maybe their lives are blissful now. But if that's the case then it's only because they've been lucky as shit or haven't been at it long enough to experience the sort of thing that makes them realize how easily everything can fall apart. I don't believe my life is "so perfect" now, but I can tell you that it's definitely a lot less stressful then the days when something as stupid as an unexpected hospitalization could have killed me or brought me to financial ruin.

Back
Top Bottom