Woods Hollow MTB race this saturday at Tatum

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
probably going to pass this year, unless I follow the advice of @merritt and use a 26" wheel bike with flat pedals
I ginished 11th or 12th on ss last year. Everyone else was gears or cross bikes. I think first was 50 minutes and I was 55. Some pretty fast guys show up. Fat bikes seemed to have an edge with the grass fields and soft down hills in the woods. I am gonna use gears this year.

merritt

The fast guys are most likely tri athletes or roadies. .
All I'm saying is that it is kind of like Big Fish Little Pond so try to even out the playing field a bit.

Johnny Utah

Which is it Dave?
@David Taylor and I are going to tag team it on both....

h2h 2.jpg

RobW

The fast guys are most likely tri athletes or roadies. .
All I'm saying is that it is kind of like Big Fish Little Pond so try to even out the playing field a bit.
This event does pull a lot of FAST roadies-most are tri-athletes but if you've got some skill and lungs, you can hold them-- you can for sure

Quite frankly, I feel Monmouth county doesn't particularly like us MTBR's and for them to put on a MTB race... is weird because its....A- Tatum is a park that doesn't have much traffic at all- (it was a laughing stock with the infamous Tatum Tea posts)... and B- JORBA comes to support the cause but the county wont allow them to maintain trails....
Am I the only one who thinks this race should be at Hartshorne or Huber even, IMO the two most ridden Monmouth county parks.

Top Bottom