WMA Trailhead Pipe

Stocky

How big of an issue is this pipe? I just hop over it and keep on riding...

It's a muddy mess before and mostly after the pipe . The water never actually flows through the pipe , but around it because it's constantly clogged .
There had been a poorly made, makeshift bridge there at one point . It's now of to the side in pieces . It's been broken for a few years now .

If someone gives me the ok , I will build a new one . I've got some lumber left over from a dock I built last summer .

Shaggz

A strong 7
It's a muddy mess before and mostly after the pipe . The water never actually flows through the pipe , but around it because it's constantly clogged .
There had been a poorly made, makeshift bridge there at one point . It's now of to the side in pieces . It's been broken for a few years now .

If someone gives me the ok , I will build a new one . I've got some lumber left over from a dock I built last summer .
PM me your cell, please.

Shaggz

A strong 7
(Sparta) Brad, (Utah) Joe, (the other white) Norm & I were out there this morning working on "Stocky's Obsession". We harvested a bunch of rocks & re-purposed some man-made materials to armor before and after the pipe. We were very satisfied with our effort, hope you guys are too.

Norm snapped some photos, hopefully they pop up at some point.

Photo from another thread:
tumblr_m1rddrpl2K1qc15vao1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Looks good guys. Sorry I didn't make it out...my wrist is borked, but mostly I'm just a lazy sh!thead :D

crash

thanx guys. that looks like a great improvement.
i will keep an eye out for future projects.
today i am basking in sunshine at Alta, UT.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks nice! I need to head up to Sparta tomorrow, so I'll be checking this out for sure.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I find it ironic that for as rocky as MDR is, it can be challenging to find the right rocks for the job. It gives me a whole new respect for the incredible rock art that can be found on our trails.

Stocky

Really Nice job guys , sorry I couldn't make it , as I'm in my shop Saturday mornings until 12 .

I'll look for a new obsession and get back to ya ASAP . :)

Stocky

I'm embarrassed to say , that I've been so busy , between work and a new puppy that I haven't ridden it or been on my bike in over a month .
I guess I should get out to see my obsession .

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions