WMA Mahlon Dickerson Trail Maintance

Hi,

I was wondering when(willing to help) and if this is done with volunteers. There are some trees blocking the single track off the power line section that puts you back by Weldon Road Saffin Pond parking lot.

Thank You

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'll take a ride thru this afternoon and see what i can do. If its major maybe we'll get together tmw and attack it.

The one tree is massive, might have to do a reroute for that one. Is at top when you first start the single track. The other one is also big but is mainly the branches covering the trail is right at the end when you come out to Weldon Rd that steep drop. I will be there Sunday, group ride at 8am. Let me know if you want to meet.

Last edited:

Smokey

I'll take a ride thru this afternoon and see what i can do. If its major maybe we'll get together tmw and attack it.

Chris: i can help you any afternoon, just hit me up with enough notice so i can get my work done early. those trees have been down for a few months now.

Is that your saw blade stuck in that one tree over in the WMA on the inner loop that was just cleared? I went thru last week after all the chainsaw work and cleared everything, that loop is riding nice again.
I also cleared the trail heading north (kitty kat) to Arapahoe Trail and scouted out a small re-route section that needs work so that the trail stays up in the woods away from the dirt road and the one house near the entrance to the trail.

Chris26er

Team MTBNJ.com-Halter's
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That wasn't me, I've turned into a roadie lately and haven't been in the woods since the Creek race.

I cleared from the power lines down to the rail bed today.

Let me know when you're working on the trails, I'll try and give a hand.

njkayaker

I rode from Blue Heron park and ride and there was someone with a Green double cab tacoma back there cutting a HUGE tree and opened up a section of single track. Thank you whomever you are!

Litch

I rode from Blue Heron park and ride and there was someone with a Green double cab tacoma back there cutting a HUGE tree and opened up a section of single track. Thank you whomever you are!

No worries- Took care of a bunch up by the fire road and one trail that parra ells north of the fire road as well.

You want to stay away from dropping into Arapaho Trail though. Riders/walkers/hikers sometimes don't get a warm welcome as that is a private community.

kidzach

Arapaho Trail . Kitty Kat ? I am not familiar with these names. I'm sure I've ridden these trails, but may not be aware of there names. I know a couple of times I get a gruff response from a woman jogger after I say hello. Both times I was in the area after you cross the power lines coming from " Stocky's trailhead pipe" and making your way to the cell tower/house. Do love that reroute that was made some time ago as you get back to the powerlines cell tower / house. One thing I do like about NJ trail riding, you have to earn your knowledge of trail systems. No markings on 90 % of "the good stuff". Mahlon and Mooch North really come to mind in this aspect. Happy Thanksgiving.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions