Wiss hit hard ...

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Just an FYI, folks: anyone considering a trip to ride Wiss soon might want to inquire about conditions on the FB page "Wiss Rides and Beyond" before making the trip. Wiss has taken some nasty hits from the recent weather we've had. I don't know for sure, but I was riding one section of the park last night and it looks like it was hit by a tornado -- huge trees just ripped out of the ground, with three massive ones blocking the trail near Chestnut Hill College. (There was actually a small tornado in the region earlier in the week, but I don't know for sure where it hit.) There are also a few trees down heading toward Cresheim and one giant tree completely blocking passage across Lincoln in the Spaghetti Bowl. Other areas have just reached the tipping point where the saturated soil beneath the trail caused a slide and collapsed sections, like in the photo below (taken two weeks ago. ) There are a few sections washed out like this:

27984502797_5684d3882d_b.jpg

Between these and the flash floods we got here this morning, Wiss may be in bad shape for a while, so probably best to check before heading out this way.

Top Bottom