Winter Trail Abuse.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
while bare back riding a big bird.

0889ED6C-684D-44D5-AF32-8D01CAD7D43D.jpeg

roc

Personally I think you can put up all the signs and tape you want but if the park rangers don't enforce it then the people who are doing theThat's another topic but the last couple equestrians I spoke to on the trails were really thankful and happy that I stopped and waited not to scare the horses, from what they said some riders have not been so nice.
I stopped and dismounted for an equestrian once where the rider was less than happy that I stopped. He was a novice rider and was having trouble controlling the horse. Needless to say I was a little sketched out when the rider told me to just keep going. The last thing I want is a hoof to the head.
i get way off the trail, never even knew about the right of way when I started riding, just “didn’t want to take a hoof to the head”. Pretty much common sense, if you’re flying by horses, you’re probably not too bright.

one piece crank

I always yield right of way to the big beasts. They pick right up on my demeanor too, so if they're calm (not already sketched-out by the terrain or their rider), they ususally nose over to me anyway (much to the chagrin of their rider!).

Never had a bad experience with equestrians, except some post-holing on muddy local trails - they need to stay off in poor conditons too!

mwlikesbikes

If you’re riding in a group that encounters horses everyone should yield to the same side of the trail. Depending on the horse he could feel surrounded and get spooked if people are on both sides of him.

szymon

i get way off the trail, never even knew about the right of way when I started riding, just “didn’t want to take a hoof to the head”. Pretty much common sense, if you’re flying by horses, you’re probably not too bright.

That's the main problem, some people don't have any common sense, don't give a shit or both which later lead to problems for all of us on the trails.

RobW

The park has taken action today and marked the access points to the trails as closed. I haven't seen the result in person yet, but i'm happy that they took some action.
great to hear of the joint effort here!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The park has taken action today and marked the access points to the trails as closed. I haven't seen the result in person yet, but i'm happy that they took some action.

Thanks Jdog.

rick81721

Lothar

Wow nice. Taped off trails? What's the plan going forward, are they going to close and open them?

Sven Migot

since our own community is very passionate about this subject, who would volunteer time to spend at the trailhead to educate people on trail abuse? Since this would be a proactive measure, with enough people, this would be funded through JORBA.(first hand response from Tom H)

send me PM to get this going
1550361636320.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions