Winter rides..??

rick81721

Lothar
there's also rare instance of magic snow, where slop freezes enough to give a tacky enough to surface for contact but not sink into
though it's a hard find and you'll have little fun if too hard or soft

Allegedly. Yes I've only been riding for a few years but I've yet to find this "magic"

Mountain Bike Mike

@Mountain Bike Mike , Thompson Park in Lincroft rents skis, boots and poles cheap, + they groom trails to make it easier to xc ski...when it snows.
Also High Point rents and grooms when they get snow. There are also places to rent in New Paltz if you want to head further north.
Hopefully we get snow this winter.

Ahhhh - I was hoping you had some old dusty pieces of shit laying around that I could borrow for a day to dork around some fields in my house to see if it's something I could get into. Before I spend $$$ renting... BUT, I got your point ;)

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there's also rare instance of magic snow, where slop freezes enough to give a tacky enough to surface for contact but not sink into
though it's a hard find and you'll have little fun if too hard or soft

I have seen this in person and it was a magical sight. Unfortunately for me, it needed to be inches thick to hold my stoutness. I just watched from afar as others played like school children.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I have seen this in person and it was a magical sight. Unfortunately for me, it needed to be inches thick to hold my stoutness. I just watched from afar as others played like school children.

I could swear there was a video of @woody on the "magic snow". Or maybe I'm having another senior moment.;)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
One of the times was in 2007 as my son was just born and I went out to ride around the neighborhood. Happened again once or twice since then, so figure 2-3 times in a 9-10 year period.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When you have xc skis magic snow happens more then 2-3 times in a 10 yr. period.

DSCF3311.JPG

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
As much as I love snow, I think I would like xc skiing. I have done the downhill ski thing, but couldnt get the hang of it and fell down a lot. Like A LOT. Waaayyyy too klutzy.

Top Bottom