Windham?

avc8130

I'm thinking about checking out Windham on Friday. How is it? How does it compare to Creek? The map looks like they only have a few trails?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm thinking about checking out Windham on Friday. How is it? How does it compare to Creek? The map looks like they only have a few trails?

Never been to Windham, but you should go check it out and also bring an XC/trail bike and hit up Elm Ridge while you are up there.

Robin

Was just there. Only a handful of trails - but they are much longer than Creek. Since I was riding solo I didn't hit the black diamond or UCI world cup trails but they appeared steep and the one has a drop right at the start with no go around.

The intermediate trails are fun. One claims to be the longest jumpline trail around. The trails are well-groomed as of now.

Lift is higher speed detatchable but still takes about 10 min to top.

Have fun!

stilluf

Trails at Elm Ridge look good too. Was hiking there last weekend, and every rider I asked said MTB trails are fun & well-maintained.

Ian F

I haven't been there since the last World Cup in 2015, but the single black is the Citizen's DH race course and it's not too bad. A couple of drops, but there are go around options. Since I was there for a race and had limited lift time, the only other trail I got to ride was Wilderness Roll, which is a really fun jump trail by Gravity Logic, so it's well built and has great flow.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We went last year, and I think in the end just did the blues repeatedly down. The green was a waste of time, I think our kids could ride it now. There weren't a ton of trails but the blues were good for us, riding on plain old XC bikes. I prefer Burke for my skills/bike but the jumpline trail is really super well-done at Windham. That was great for my non-expert lack of skills. Just enough to be fun & challenging and mostly not anything that can really break you.

Elm Ridge was fun. Since you're there you should hit it up.

xc62701

I’ll be hitting up Elm Ridge this weekend. I’ll try and take some pics and report my findings :)

DownhillR3

Windham doesn't have much if you are going to do downhill only, just the World Cup track, a beginner trail and last I knew only 1 or 2 other trails.

If you are going to make the trek semi North into that region... just go to Thunder or Killington. Well worth the extra drive time, cash. @avc8130

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've ridden that quite a few times. I really like the new Gold Mine Trail!

Cool, I was only there once but need to get back. My favorite part was the North Face descent, but I'm sure there's newer stuff now. Round Top is also right near by if you've never been. Park next to the biergarten.

Top Bottom