Windham Kenda Cup East Report

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
It was unfortunate that Windham and DH40 fell on the same weekend because DH40 is a unique, great and well run event. For those of you that did not make it to Windham, It was also a great event with really fun well designed courses. Hopefully next years schedule will allow for attending both.

My short XC and SD race reports are here: http://pixyandabike.blogspot.com/

For the Super-D start we had to lie on our backs, and when they said "go", we had to jump up, run 100 ft to our bikes, where we had to do at least one somersault before mounting bikes to start. Picture in Cycling news by Dave McElwaine: I am the red ball rolling.

Attachments

• super d.jpg
    super d.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 148
Nice form! :D
The Estonian judge gives you a 8.3 :popcorn:

That just reminds me about how glad that they stopped doing those stupid LeMans starts at the MTB races.

It was pretty hot during the 2:00 pro mens race (that what she says!). Although, there was a little breeze up at the top of the mountain. There seemed to be cool pockets near streams in the woods too. I'm glad to have raced at 8:00am.

That's a great pic. It's funny, I looked like that a couple times in DH practice and it was not on purpose. All I can say is that everybody has to go to the World Cup next year because the DH course is sick, best course I raced in a long time and the WC riders are going to crush it. It is so fast you can't even process everything coming at you - I thought I went plaid!

35 ft crowd pleaser jump at the finish was fun too - I did my best impression of Grave Digger at a Monster truck event. Oh yeah, I took second for my first national podium as well. Hoooopah!

Attachments

• 08-16-09 43 025.jpg
    08-16-09 43 025.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom