Windham Bike Park

theranch

I got up to Windham Bike Park for the day on Friday. If you haven't been, the trails are pretty nice and well built! If you like to hit table-top jumps, their jumpline trail will give you plenty! I counted 42 jumps in the sections that I rode. They had a lower portion of trail closed for repairs. I heard that the closed section has another 10 jumps. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the trails were built.
Not many trails available but what they have are pretty fun!

Attachments

• windhamJT.jpg
    windhamJT.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 151

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've heard it's a fun park. Definitely on the list of parks to hit before season is over...

oobaa47

I wonder why they haven't expanded...I think they only have like 4-5 trails...right after they hosted the worldcup a few years ago would have been the perfect time to really promote and expand their bike park, considering all the exposure they received from it.....with thunder only an hour or so north, and all the great reviews that place has been getting, I'm not sure how much attendance windham actually gets.....but I'd definitely like to go check it out.....I've only been there to watch the world cup.....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wonder why they haven't expanded...I think they only have like 4-5 trails...right after they hosted the worldcup a few years ago would have been the perfect time to really promote and expand their bike park, considering all the exposure they received from it.....with thunder only an hour or so north, and all the great reviews that place has been getting, I'm not sure how much attendance windham actually gets.....but I'd definitely like to go check it out.....I've only been there to watch the world cup.....

We went last year. Started on the green trail and thought it was total garbage. We're DH noobs so we always start green.

Then we hit the 2 blue trails and it was awesome. In the end, I think we did most or all of the rest of our runs on these 2 trails. They were excellent. 1 of the 2 is the jumpline trail that @theranch refers to. It's probably a perfect park to learn to ride table tops.

Also Elm Ridge is not far, so you can double-dip if you want and do both in the same trip.

oobaa47

From what I understand, gravity logic built jump lines are very forgiving. Their landings are very long, flat, and gradual. As opposed to something like Mountain Creek jump lines, that have steeper takeoffs and much steeper landings.

theranch

From what I understand, gravity logic built jump lines are very forgiving. Their landings are very long, flat, and gradual. As opposed to something like Mountain Creek jump lines, that have steeper takeoffs and much steeper landings.
Exactly.

theranch

We went last year. Started on the green trail and thought it was total garbage. We're DH noobs so we always start green.

Then we hit the 2 blue trails and it was awesome. In the end, I think we did most or all of the rest of our runs on these 2 trails. They were excellent. 1 of the 2 is the jumpline trail that @theranch refers to. It's probably a perfect park to learn to ride table tops.

Also Elm Ridge is not far, so you can double-dip if you want and do both in the same trip.
It is a great trail to learn to jump tabletops. So many to get it right. If you case one, there are more to follow.

chaloots

Can anyone provide any info/options on elm ridge or round top as im headed up to the area this weekend. i considered bringing the dh bike but ride time is limited, looking to pedal a bit.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can anyone provide any info/options on elm ridge or round top as im headed up to the area this weekend.

What info do you need? Elm Ridge is awesome, definitely go there. If you have two days then maybe hit Round Top too, but Elm Ridge is better and also easier to navigate. But Round Top has a bier garten, assuming you park at Riedlbaur's.

Disclaimer: I was only at each place once and it was a few years ago.

@Norm and @Dominique were there more recently than me, so maybe they can chime in too.

chaloots

thanks jim, i was looking for an opinion on which area was best. i was leaning toward elm ridge. ive scoped it out on trail forks and found a route to follow. theyre both about equal distance from where im staying.

one more thing...which bike? 29" full squish speedfox or 27.5+ chameleon ?

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks jim, i was looking for an opinion on which area was best.

In my opinion, Elm Ridge is definitely best.

which bike? 29" full squish speedfox or 27.5+ chameleon ?

The trails are pretty fast and flowy, and I don't recall it being very rocky. You might want the full suspension just so you can go faster and have more fun, but either bike will be fine.

chaloots

thanks, i' had planned on following the "most down , with the least up" route and then hitting the fun loops as a bonus time permitting

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thanks, i' had planned on following the "most down , with the least up" route and then hitting the fun loops as a bonus time permitting

Looks good, you may want to climb back up to go down North Face again. It's awesome, and it's probably the trail you'll most want a full suspension for.

stilluf

Can anyone provide any info/options on elm ridge or round top as im headed up to the area this weekend. i considered bringing the dh bike but ride time is limited, looking to pedal a bit.
We were hiked through Elm Ridge over the summer on the way up Windham Mtn (the mountain, not ski area). trails look really well done, everyone we asked said they were a lot of fun.

Andyguy

Elm Ridge is awesome.. I have a house down the street from there.. A XC bike is fine for the elm ridge run or Round top area.. If you are considering biking there I will be up there at the end of the month if you want to be with some old guys to show you around.. Its worth the trip.

chaloots

thanks for the invite andyguy, it was definitely worth checking out.

i managed a couple of rides this w/e and covered a good portion of the trails. lots of fun, trails are well built and marked. my favs were noots run (which had small hits a good portion of the way down), north face, and berm out really made me smile. saw some trail work in progress, they are really putting some good effort into expanding those trails and getting the trial networks connected.

Top Bottom