Williams Lake Classic 5/27/18

DanBrodeen

Anyone racing the Williams Lake Classic on Sunday May 27th? I’ve never been. Considering it so hoping for some insights on the terrain, course, tire choice, etc.. So far I’ve heard it’s pretty technical...

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Love love this place.
Everyone should do this race at least once.
That one climb
Lots of NY shale
The cave
The steaming water holes making concert fog
And a lake to dive in afterwords.
This was a great grass roots event with terrible scoring hopefully the later has improved.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone racing the Williams Lake Classic on Sunday May 27th? I’ve never been. Considering it so hoping for some insights on the terrain, course, tire choice, etc.. So far I’ve heard it’s pretty technical...
Fun course...reminded me alot of KVSP...maybe a little more climbing. laps are short, 20-25min range IIRC. The swimming afterwards was awesome, however, we got yelled at as your not allowed to swim there. At least thats what we were told, but AFTER we jumped in so whatever. I wanted to go this weekend but my wife is working Sat-monday.

Chris(NJ)

Pretty common terrain for that part of NY. If it rains, use mud tires, otherwise, use regular tires.

Love love this place.
Everyone should do this race at least once.
That one climb
Lots of NY shale
The cave
The steaming water holes making concert fog
And a lake to dive in afterwords.
This was a great grass roots event with terrible scoring hopefully the later has improved.

Agreed.
Agreed.
Yep.
Yep.
Yep.
Yep.
Ye....Nope.
Yep.

V-Dub

Depending on course set up it's an awsome place, definitely unique. The dock you swim off of is super sketchy but the water is clear and cold

Top Bottom