Wilderness 101... who's in? Mucho fun.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
As SS "friendly" of a 100 mile race as I could imagine actually... I'm not sure if I miss the terrain more or the cadre/mitch/schilling shenanigans by the fire for two nights :(
Good times fo sure and waffles for breakfast

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I was kidding. This race is SS friendly if you're ok with climbing. 80% of the single track is downhill and the rest is flat or low grade+ .
My best recommendation to ANYONE doing this raceis to put Bar Ends on your bike. So much up and so much power transfer, at least for me that they are a life saver.
I ran a 34/21 last year and made all the climbs except the long ass windy dirt ride around mile 40-45. Not that I couldn't make it but i had no elevation chrt and had no clue where it ended. I jumped off and walked for 100 feet twice and realized another sser was catching me. Hopped back on, soldiered on and kept him behind me.
The key to this race is nutrition and hudration. Take advantage of all 5 pit stops because the amount of bonk outs at mile 90 is high. I am stronger this year and hoping to be 10lbs lighter so a 34/20 is in order.
Plus one on the barends!Thanks @Mitch for loaning me yours. I now have a set of my own.

Top Bottom