Wildcat Ridge WMA Conditions

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
trimmed Yellow up near hawk watch parking area.
replaced the map on the Kiosk at hawkwatch parking area ( see how long this one lasts)
spent many hours this weekend trying to reduce the flooding on the Beach Glen trail ( Blue)

put up QR code with link to map ?
(or did you do this already?)

pin some poison ivy to it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
replaced the map on the Kiosk at hawkwatch parking area ( see how long this one lasts)
spent many hours this weekend trying to reduce the flooding on the Beach Glen trail ( Blue)
Funny, I rode thru there saturday morning and it was overgrown...So I decided to do a hike there with the family in the afternoon...brought my clippers...oh shit everything is done already :) Thanks Norm

Btw, the stream crossing by the landscaping place/bat cave parking lot on light blue is unreal, have never seen it that bad.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A red blinky light was found near the bat cave. Post up if you lost one.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You should do the thing where they have to describe it.

It’s red.
It blinks.

Did I win?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Man, Blue was still a standing river last night and there was a tree down (all near bat cave). I busted the tree up and opened up the stream path and drainage pipe at the wooden bridge.

On Banana Seat Hammock I popped a rock out of the stream bed to allow debris to flow freely and cleared up the small pool almost immediately.

New way down is still pretty moist at the bottom.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The flooded section of Beach Glen is no longer flooded. Not sure if anyone did anything, or if it just finally had time to drain. It's still kind of a mess by the bridge, so I assume the latter.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Has anyone noticed all the glass on the last section of yellow that runs parallel with upper Hibernia rd to the fire road that goes to up to hawkwatch? It seems like some literally sprinkled the entire stretch of trail with broken glass.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has anyone noticed all the glass on the last section of yellow that runs parallel with upper Hibernia rd to the fire road that goes to up to hawkwatch? It seems like some literally sprinkled the entire stretch of trail with broken glass.

Yeah, bunch of savages in this town.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A46C4B73-5348-47AF-BA05-D41D3011C56E.jpeg

This key was found in the bat cave lot and is now on top of the map/kiosk frame.

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
That glass has been there for a looooong time. People used to dump there garbage up there In The 70’s and early 80’s. Just left over
I haven’t been there in over a month but as I remember it seemed excessive, I hadn’t noticed it before. Like trail sabotage. In related news there was thumb tacks on the Leadville course.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I have noticed it and it has seemed to increase over the past few months. Can’t imagine it all just came to the surface recently.

Joking aside, the rain we've been getting I wouldn't be surprised if this was all old crap. Rain has been coming down faster than it can be taken in washing away loose soil in the run off. Maybe this stuff was under a layer of leafs

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
old glass as previously stated,. There was a town up there at one time. Motorcycles have been using the trails and on the Wednesday ride it appeared to me some of it is getting tilled up by them. Let it be a reminder all the plastic the world is now wallowing in.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions