Wildcat Group Ride 1/13 Sunday

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 85307
@gmb3 hey man that shot ain’t free and I look better! Thanks to the homie (identify yourself) for this photo. Good seeing some OGs and meeting some new. Always good to ride a new place. Thanks to all leaders, sweepers, builders the decent Norm i kid i kid, coordinators, bakers, @UtahJoe @graveyardman67 my dropper post woes, ladies looking good, the men were meh.

Ha, Manny has the most advanced car in the group, but riding a bike that is from a by gone era ;)

Good times times everyone....For a 20 degree day, at wildcat, I was impressed at the size of our group.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Forgot to add that if you did this ride and were thinking, "I heard Wildcat was hard, where were all the rocks?" You should hit me up for another tour.

@THATmanMANNY ^^^

If you couldn't make this ride and want a tour of the easy stuff or the hard stuff, hit me up. I'm happy to show anybody around these trails or the other stuff nearby if these trails aren't hard enough for you.

or come out wednesday nights at 530

Robin

sorry to have missed but too much going on in life and needed to stay local. hopefully I can make one in the future - or at least a Wednesday one after DST (I have a hard time seeing at night).

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
[/USER]If you couldn't make this ride and want a tour of the easy stuff or the hard stuff, hit me up. I'm happy to show anybody around these trails or the other stuff nearby if these trails aren't hard enough for you.

I will take you up on this. We had a great time with the OOS group in Allamuchy/Stephens. If this ride were not already scheduled, I would have joined the fun at WC. Not sure if my winter shape will be conducive to the Wednesday night pace.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I will take you up on this. We had a great time with the OOS group in Allamuchy/Stephens. If this ride were not already scheduled, I would have joined the fun at WC. Not sure if my winter shape will be conducive to the Wednesday night pace.

you will not take my spot as ride "anchor" ⚓

THATmanMANNY

It's like driving a slow cheap car "fast" ("cause I am not fast"). Beat the hell out of it and enjoy. I was confused during the ride and I thought the sandbagging OOS group was there because everyone kept together.

To be clear, I did not say WC was easy! I am sore and my ass hurts. There was some decent annoying climbs and baby head rocks. We rode some great features but a little birdie told me there is much more. Pretty easy to get to too. 45min from CNJ. I will be back. My work schedule doesn't allow me to be riding mid week but lights and rocks sounds like the best worst idea ever.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
To be clear, I did not say WC was easy!

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I was just saying that if anyone thought it was easy and they would have liked it to be harder, then they should come back so I can show them the hard stuff. I tagged you because I know you want to see the rockier trails :)

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was great to see such a large group out there. I've been riding here for 30+ years and love it when we get more exposure to the trails. People ask how I have become a good rider; that's the answer ^. If you can ride these trails weekly you just improve or die (ok maybe a bit extreme).

A good thing to keep in mind is that we only touched on one portion of the trails. It gets much gnarlier and there's plenty more climbing for the truly sadistic folks.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
FWIW I think the loop we did was perfect. I enjoyed the workout and it was just the right amount of climbing, the staircase was a bitch and I only wish I knew it was coming because I would have just stopped sooner to walk.
The park has a bit of everything in it and I enjoyed the view from the lookout. Could use a little less rocks but I would do again. I actually found the lower part of the decent quite tricky with the narrow trail and tight tree rock placement that at speed kept me on my toes. My ass hurts to but thats for another thread.

Top Bottom