Wildcat: Crowd Sourced Trail Maintenance

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you like what we are doing, please consider a donation to JORBA and earmark the funds to Wildcat. We will also need some physical help.....stay tuned...

When I click the donate link for PayPal on jorba.org, I don't see a way to specify what the funds are for. How can I make sure they go to helping replace the bridge? I actually rode down Green Pond Rd heading back to the bat cave yesterday, because I figured that would be safer than trying to cross the bridge under the conditions pictured above.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
When I click the donate link for PayPal on jorba.org, I don't see a way to specify what the funds are for. How can I make sure they go to helping replace the bridge? I actually rode down Green Pond Rd heading back to the bat cave yesterday, because I figured that would be safer than trying to cross the bridge under the conditions pictured above.

Hey guys I created a donation button just for this project and placed on the JORBA wildcat page

Thanks for your support

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
oh that's a nice touch, well I guess if I haven't broken it by now, the rest of you are safe.

I think @Norm has been over it too. So we are all safe. (edit: new Norm getting trim tho)

But really. @trailhead I have quite a bit of extra "stuff" at work. We go through quite literally tons of rough cut 4x6 and usually have random lengths of steel "i-beams". Once you get to the point of what you need, lmk and I'll see about procurement. Fortunately, 4 of the top people at work all ride these trails pretty regularly, getting consensus for supplies not hard.

notcho

I think @Norm has been over it too. So we are all safe. (edit: new Norm getting trim tho)

But really. @trailhead I have quite a bit of extra "stuff" at work. We go through quite literally tons of rough cut 4x6 and usually have random lengths of steel "i-beams". Once you get to the point of what you need, lmk and I'll see about procurement. Fortunately, 4 of the top people at work all ride these trails pretty regularly, getting consensus for supplies not hard.

Wild Catbridge...too easy.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
if you weren't considering moving it, i'd say clandestine replacement party!!

Flitch plate that sucker.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
That cut is so bizarre. Was this someone's idea of keeping motos out? It's like they planned a weight fuse.

dmkalemba

I cleared about a dozen blow downs from bat cave up to graveyard and a couple on Beach Glen towards the race track. Ryobi electric chainsaw is awesome.

Cleared this one from Tighter mine, near the top.

Attachments

• 20180311_162627.jpg
    20180311_162627.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 182
  • 20180311_164332.jpg
    20180311_164332.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 210

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions were excellent today. @JimN and I cleaned a ton of stuff off white down from the hawk watch, then red back to upper Hibernia road. There are still a couple on white that will need a saw. We rode oreland and its in great shape, all clear

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
where?......its a long trail to carry a saw.

If you park on Upper Hibernia Rd by the red trail and take that in, make a right on white, you'll see a tree down blocking one of the challenging rock features right at the bottom there. Also, continuing on white, just past the stream and hard rock garden before the climb up there is a big mess. We made it passable to crawl through with your bike, but it'll take a real saw to clear it out. Otherwise white is good to the hawk watch. Might want to wait until we check out the rest of white though, because there are probably more. I'll check out the rest of white and dark blue once the snow is gone.

trailhead

JORBA: Wildcat/Splitrock
JORBA.ORG
@trailhead - FYI, there are two big trees down on the connector trail you built between Meriden Rd and the boy scout bridges.

Ok, these have all been removed along with the downed trees on the Lake Denmark RR grade. And for those of you who use them, new blazes on the Red trail along Solar Pond.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions