Why is H2H hurting when MASS is doing well?

Chris(NJ)

You want shops to promote racing? We get about 1% of the market come through our doors. You guys should post flyers around Amazon.

This is the attitude that's winning over customers.

I know that was sarcasm, but seriously...H2H, or whoever is hurting for attendance probably would see an increase if they promoted at online retailers.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I wanted to race so bad in 2015 but no one knew anything about it. Finally Pat from Trek Middletown told me about a series and I googled it. Why can’t someone walk into a shop and see some race advertisement?

You want shops to promote racing? We get about 1% of the market come through our doors. You guys should post flyers around Amazon.

Jim has it right - paid advertising on social media at the series level. wonder if google would insert the ads here?

marketing, promotion, customer feedback, innovation. long live steve jobs.

done correctly, it does not cost money to advertise, it makes money - i'm fairly sure we have people in the industry on here.

i feel i'm setting myself up to do something i'm not qualified nor capable of doing - besides racing my bike.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Maybe not so easy to communicate?
F735C068-514C-433B-87A0-E6786DE63E73.jpeg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dirtwire.tv threw this together for them. Something to think about. Mebbe there's a way to de-fang the "ohmygahdIdon'twannadieonrocksI'dratherdoFairHill" feeling with something similar?

We did that once like 7 years ago
@pearl I still like that soundtrack even though it sucks because I still am the happiest hippo. God any slower and I should be falling over.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lurker
Yeah. What they said for sure. You’re presentation to the public via bikereg all feels pretty amateur hour, like the only people you’re speaking to are mtbnj forum diehards ie. a super specific, insular clique

Ok so complains about race, registers for race, does not show to race. What gives?

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We did that once like 7 years ago
Might be worth revisiting. Chest mounted gimbels and super-simple editing software have made this stuff a bit easier. And the likelihood of someone looking for video is MUCH higher now. 7 years ago, no so much. That said, I very much enjoyed watching your butt for 4 minutes :)

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

SKRRT. There are people on this forum who don't even own a mountain bike. Merriam-Webster that word and get back to me. This forum/group has probably been one of the most inclusive things I've experienced both on the internet and also in person.

Where were you yesterday!?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
SKRRT. There are people on this forum who don't even own a mountain bike. Merriam-Webster that word and get back to me. This forum/group has probably been one of the most inclusive things I've experienced both on the internet and also in person.

Oh hey guess what? The guy who made that post is on your team...

onetracker

@David Taylor its all good and I enjoy the discussion and creative ideas, I was just noting your two examples and apples and oranges.

We hope to see you out there!

You did remind me of how I would like to one day include a trail run with a bike race and maybe get some cross pollination happening.
NH100 has done this for years. Also, the Rattling 50 also offered running races for a while (not a huge success for Kuhn).

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Ok Marshall.

Jason & Ken actually rode the ST loop last year trying to assess what it would take to make the course NICA-friendly. We're having @KenS on the podcast the week after next. I'll see if this is something that would be possible. They both thought the ST could be made to work. We'll see.

I will say this - parking at Mooch would be a bear for this.

Parking and meeting the infield requirements are probably the largest challenges with Mooch right now. After seeing how rad this weekend turned out down at Camp Edge, I'm pretty pumped to find more locations with camping.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Parking and meeting the infield requirements are probably the largest challenges with Mooch right now. After seeing how rad this weekend turned out down at Camp Edge, I'm pretty pumped to find more locations with camping.

I talked to Dave this past weekend, the new BSA director, specifically about NICA and he is absolutely in love with the idea. The BSA and NICA pretty much have the same aims. We are thinking to make a loop that is NICA-friendly as well as BSA camper-friendly. The ST loop is a bit much for some of the BSA campers. I think he would be willing to do whatever needs to be done to make the event work.

I do not know how we would get that many cars in. But they have camp events with hundreds of campers so they manage to do it.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
with @Kirt’s direction we can cut down half the woods and build some parking lots

Top Bottom