Why is H2H hurting when MASS is doing well?

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
PS - I'm old enough to have raced at Allaire.

Or an entire series at Ringwood

I remember both of these. I also recall that Allaire was the original spot for the MASS Finals - that LeMans start where you had to run across the sandpit, grab your bike and then ride back through it was horrible.

I'm really dating myself with this, but I also recall around 2000 there was an out-and-back race at Round Valley, a rocky XC course at the top of Mountain Creek, and an insanely technical course in Waywayanda that had like a 50% attrition rate. (However, I also recall a few years later my first 12 hour race was in Wayway on much of the same stuff - I think the entire field got lapped three times by Rob Lichtenwalner that day.)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Has there ever been a race at the Tourne? Seems tailor made for a neat 6 miles or so loop. I get the Morris County no food and such like Lew Mo but would be awesome. ☺
There was a fat bike race there in the snow a few years ago, worked out well. But in the summer, hasnt been one there in a very long time.
my guess.... very little chance they would ever happen again.
1. morris county parks charges ALOT to host a race at their parks
2. no parking
3. countless hikers and dog walkers

IMO people in the surrounding area of the Tourne just BARELY tolerate mountain bikers in general, I would not want to see the backlash from a race being held there in the summer time.

Dickerson mine on there other hand I think would be a good spot.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
'm hoping we can get Nassau

OMG.. f yes. Even if we can use the springside at all. It will take some work and we'll need to make some new trails, but yes...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this a town park? If it's county forget it. But if it's town then maybe. And I am definitely going to have shirts printed for the 2019 MTBNJ Colossal Dick Mine Adventure.

It's a town park, and OG @Jason has a great relationship with the town. My favorite thing about Dickerson Mine is coming up with a good pun for the Strava title :)

muddybike

Team MTBNJ Halter's
What does this mean? Riingwood and Mooch were in the 170s. That’s a huge bump. Was it location? I honestly think some of it is timing. (When I was racing) I hated the early season races. I only did them to get in shape or get points for the series. One thought is once people get a little more riding in and fitness appears “racing” may seem less daunting.

Just another theory

The Mooch race conflicted with a NJ NICA race - I know quite a few parents who would have checked out Mooch had there not been a conflict. Same for Ringwood, i believe - it conflicted with NICA.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this a town park? If it's county forget it. But if it's town then maybe. And I am definitely going to have shirts printed for the 2019 MTBNJ Colossal Dick Mine Adventure.

I'm hoping we can get Nassau into the mix next year.

aaron held a swim/run there so i suspect dick mine is very doable

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
aaron held a swim/run there so i suspect dick mine is very doable

swim-run happening again Aug 18th. (date?)
It is a national qualifier, and well attended - i believe this is its 3rd year.
parking at marty's and the lots on rt 10 for the ball fields, and the lake (Randolf park.)
Good size field for team and vendor tents.

have to think about how to create a loop w/o two way traffic - I think they closed the trails coming down the powerlines because of too much moto.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Seems like the 2 series kinda leveled out. I'd be curious to see the numbers at the end of the season.

Looks like granoogue was pretty quiet

Edit.. again, I'm an idiot. 353 pre registration. Just not that many in cat 1.

Last edited:

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Seems like the 2 series kinda leveled out. I'd be curious to see the numbers at the end of the season.

Looks like granoogue was pretty quiet

Edit.. again, I'm an idiot. 353 pre registration. Just not that many in cat 1.
Yea, I saw more in ss than 30-39

Top Bottom