Why are left hand switchbacks, up or down, so much easier than right hand turns?

roc

Just curious, I'm right handed, if that it what makes the difference.
Left hand turns are way easier for me, is there a reason?
If I skateboarded,(which I have not done in forever), my left foot would be forward

jklett

I'm the same way. I ride left foot forward so I think that might have something to do with it in my case. I've been working on switching my forward foot to try to help.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Right handed or left handed doesn't matter. i think what matters is which foot you're more comfortable coasting with forward. I coast right foot forward and turn better to the left. Coasting foot may be related to handedness though so hmmm... (i'm a righty). I also snowboard "regular" (left foot forward.)

dmkalemba

I'm goofy foot, but find left turns easier.. I think it may have more to do with dominant hand, because you control the turn more with the outside hand (i'm right handed)

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I also have a slightly harder time with right hand turns. I always thought it was from motocross where I always turned better left since I could keep my foot on the rear brake into the turn.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
tenor.gif

me

it has to be a lefty/righty thing, i HATE descending switchbacks to the left, and i'm a lefty. i also have a lefty, which probably doesnt help

give me a right hand turn and i rip that shit

qclabrat

Practice figure eights in the direction you have trouble. Also try balance drills with your right foot.
karate-kid-crane-kick.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
one of the guys who works for me rides the sourlands all the time. I can’t remember which side, but he has such a dominant turning side that he unevenly wears out his tires. So much so that he rotates the tires after some use.

Top Bottom