Who remembers when...

Dajerseyrat

Mountain biking in the early 90s before all the GPS and cellular technology when you took an old paper trail map from the trail head and went off into the woods with zero communication to the outside world.. You had no real way of accurately knowing how many miles you rode, what your elevation was, ECT ECT. The good ol days of being out all day lost in the woods..How did we ever manage?

Last edited:

qclabrat

Mountain biking in the early 90s before all the GPS and cellular technology when you took an old paper trail map from the trail head and went off into the woods with zero communication to the outside world.. You had no real way of accurately knowing how many miles you rode, what your elevation was, ECT ECT. The good ol days of being put all day lost in the woods..How did we ever manage?
I liked it better then

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Mountain biking in the early 90s before all the GPS and cellular technology when you took an old paper trail map from the trail head and went off into the woods with zero communication to the outside world.. You had no real way of accurately knowing how many miles you rode, what your elevation was, ECT ECT. The good ol days of being put all day lost in the woods..How did we ever manage?
Yep... and when we knew not of padded chamois, carrying water on your back and clipless pedals. ;-)

SmooveP

Yeah, and I remember getting hopelessly lost. It sucked at the time, but made for good stories later. I'll take my GPS anytime, along with the ability to take pics when I see something good.

RobW

Mountain biking in the early 90s before all the GPS and cellular technology when you took an old paper trail map from the trail head and went off into the woods with zero communication to the outside world.. You had no real way of accurately knowing how many miles you rode, what your elevation was, ECT ECT. The good ol days of being out all day lost in the woods..How did we ever manage?
The 90’s- the dirtbike and quad era... bikes were not cool then

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
20170712_202655.jpg

Dajerseyrat

the early 90s was a great time to be born :cool:
Born? I graduated high school in 92.lol..I was born in 74 and grew up in the greatest decade ever! The 80's!! We had the baddest BMX chromed out bikes, the sharpest pedals, we had Breakdancing, Michael Jackson (when he was still black and cool) , Purple Rain, Billy Idol, rap music when it was actually good, hevy metal hair bands and Atari 2600! We we're the shit!

Top Bottom