Who Can Code, soup-to-nuts...i have an opening.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
middletown location.

Job Description: Analytical Software Developer
The candidate will be responsible for requirements gathering and analysis, design, development, testing and debugging of analytical, computational/mathematical programming, optimization and decision support systems. Additionally, will work with a large amount of data from diverse, complex and frequently unrelated sources and be able to develop codes and derive functions/packages to evolve rule engine using large volume of chains of data rules to create prototypes/models/tools with little or no guidance.
- Strong analytic skills
- Self-motivated to solve problems

- Experience using JSP, Servlets, Beans, EJBs, J2EE, and XML
- Strong front-end development skills in HTML, DHTML, JavaScript, JQuery, CSS, XML, XSLT
- Web database application development experience using MVC Architecture

- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL experience
- Oracle SQL or PL/SQL Certification (desired but not required)

- Experience with large data process AWK and shell script under Unix environment; using C/C++ and/or Perl is a plus

- Must have used Eclipse, SQL Navigator/TOAD, Apache, Tomcat, Unix (Solaris), Oracle 11g for production-level projects
- Experience using Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g Application Server, and Web Logic

- Spring, Hibernate, Java Server Faces knowledge/experience.
- Experience developing with Spring framework and Hibernate

- MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics from an ACCREDITED SCHOOL / UNIVERSITY is a must with GPA > 3.5 out of 4
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with clients and business users
- Sun Java Certification is a plus
- Familiarity with telecom network is a plus
- Ability to take lead developer/architecture role for different systems

Skills Inventory
Skill Hands-on Experience Required/Desired
1) Java, JavaScript, 5+ years Required
2) Web development 5+ years Required
3) Spring/Hibernate JSP 5+ years Required
4) Analytic Skills 5+ years Required
5) Oracle SQL & PL/SQL 5+ years Required
6) MS or Ph.D. degree in Computing Sciences, Math, Computing Engineering, Information Systems, etc. Please provide University/Graduate School Name, MS Degree major, List of graduate courses, year of graduated, and GPA. If the graduate school is from foreign country, please provide all the above and school web site. 5+ years Required
7) Communication Skills (Strong verbal and written communication skills) 5+ years Required
8) Unix / Linux Intermediate Required
9) Data Processing w AWK, shell script Intermediate Desired
10) Data Processing w C/C++, Perl, Python, Hadoop Intermediate Desired

I don't no coding for shit but I promise the the gap will be closed quickly!!! Am I hired??? Why r u discriminating :);)

Let me ask some of the tough interview questions first....

Why do people not like you?

Do you really believed your parents dropped you by accident?

A train leaves philly, on its way to NYC. Where is the best place to stand on the tracks?

You can learn a lot about people in my interviews!

Pat, I did a quick keyword search of your listing and found I may be a match--

Strong front-end development skills-- OK ,well I am working on my front end bike skills so I am engaged in self development

Spring, Hibernate -- Usually in the Spring I come out of Hibernation

Java- and I love coffee...

and I live in Middletown---am I hired?:D

Brian

Let me ask some of the tough interview questions first....

Why do people not like you?

Do you really believed your parents dropped you by accident?

A train leaves philly, on its way to NYC. Where is the best place to stand on the tracks?

You can learn a lot about people in my interviews!

1) who gives a shit

2) my mom would drop my dad prolly never held me as baby

3) North bound track because see number 1

4) when do I start

is it okay if I subcontract?
I can get the guy/gal here within a week or so, do you have preference on either Russian, Chinese or Indian?
they can work in Middletown or where ever you like, but I'll do great job supervising the job
just so we are clear, the goal is to open cans of nuts and soup right? You also mention beans, yes we can do that too!

Campbell's_Soup_with_Can_Opener.jpg
nuts-cutter_300.jpg

problem is always they go to open soup n nuts, but miss and open the can of worms...

What is the salary range?

good question - i kinda run things backwards from the billing rate.
it is a long term assignment for the right person. I have a total package number in mind
of around $130k - if i can get the billing rate from the client - then subtract out health insurance,
cell/internet access at home, some other creative ways of making $$ pre-tax...
might go higher, might go lower....DOE and wow factor. could also lead to a permanent job with the client.

$130k with those qualifications? Anyone with those creds will want much more, no? I know a guy, repairs TVs, has a monster toolset. He can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom