White Clay

Discussion in 'Riding Areas Outside of NJ' started by Biker Dude, May 19, 2015.

1. THATmanMANNY

THATmanMANNY Well-Known Member

planning on riding sat morning. How are conditions?

I have be done like 12:30 if anyone cares to join.

2. THATmanMANNY

DE local says it okay to ride. So hopefully rain hold off

anyone want to meet me there just post up or LMK

3. 1speed

1speed Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed

I'm not sure what kind of snow they dealt with there, but maybe check with the Trailspinners page on FB before taking the trip - tomorrow should be pretty warm, so if there was a top level of snow melt subsequent freeze-thaw over the past few days, it could be messy.

Also, just be aware that there is a significant portion of the White Clay area (not Middle Run) that is currently closed for construction. If it's all good to go in terms of conditions, Fair Hill might be a better option for this weekend.

4. THATmanMANNY

Thanks for looking out but it was nearly perfect! Had a blast on these awesome flow trails.

1speed likes this.
  5. Jim & Val

Jim & Val Member

Hey Manny we were there too! Perfect weather and trails are in great shape
    Had late lunch at the Home Grown Cafe in Newark...Awesome vegan food! Perfect ending to a nice day riding with the family
    Jim

6. THATmanMANNY

Nice. Yea weather was unreal! I actually rode from my friends house to the trails and back and on the way back picked up some beers from Iron Hill. I got approx. 4hrs of pedaling. Haven't done something like that in a ages.

Home Grown is good. I went to Grains for brunch today. That was cool. Always good food and beer in Newark.

Going back in a few weeks.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017 at 9:52 PM