Where's the longest and most fun downhill in our parks

roc

I'm thinking top of the new white trail all the way to the bottom of warm puppy, in ringwood
2.3 miles of downhill bliss

Not quite on the same level length wise but I love the decent from hawk watch to the bat cave lot on orange at Wildcat Ridge.

Let's not forget the downhill to the Tranquility lot at Allamuchy. I like to call it "Happy Ending"
this is the purple right? And if you start at the lot it's also painful beginning. top of rolly poly all the way down to the lot taking all switchbacks, or there is a super fast direct route.

You need to ride the new trail from the hawk watch down to beach glen.

Can you describe the whereabouts of said "new trail"? If it helps I was just up in that area and went up orange to hawk-watch and down white, across orange double-track down to cemetery. I also know that white leaves off in the opposite direction from hawk-watch. Perhaps its off in that direction??? PM if preferred. No rush, but figure it would be good for my next Wildcat visit. TIA.

Can you describe the whereabouts of said "new trail"? If it helps I was just up in that area and went up orange to hawk-watch and down white, across orange double-track down to cemetery. I also know that white leaves off in the opposite direction from hawk-watch. Perhaps its off in that direction??? PM if preferred. No rush, but figure it would be good for my next Wildcat visit. TIA.

When you are at the hawk watch and head down white toward the graveyard, the new trail is on the left before the end of the very first downhill. Four Birds makes a right, crosses the water, and then has a brutal climb back out. At that right turn, just before the water crossing, go straight/left instead. It's not finished yet, but it is rideable and totally awesome. Look at my ride from yesterday, the new trail is the Strava segment "new way down."

Pretty sure that's the longest downhill in NJ
And best. Red trail from TOS is second best

Those are both quality descents. I also like top of Bearswamp lookout (Lingenstein Rock?) down to the 4-way intersection. Not as long, but quality, and you can extend it depending on which way you go at the intersection.

When you are at the hawk watch and head down white toward the graveyard, the new trail is on the left before the end of the very first downhill. Four Birds makes a right, crosses the water, and then has a brutal climb back out. At that right turn, just before the water crossing, go straight/left instead. It's not finished yet, but it is rideable and totally awesome. Look at my ride from yesterday, the new trail is the Strava segment "new way down."
Checked out your Strava. Nice ride, BTW. I was there 2 days ago and definitely recall that brutal climb right after water. I didn't even notice the option. Now I know where to look. Based on the topo that does look like a fast decent. Thanks!

Checked out your Strava. Nice ride, BTW. I was there 2 days ago and definitely recall that brutal climb right after water. I didn't even notice the option. Now I know where to look. Based on the topo that does look like a fast decent. Thanks!

No problem, it's pretty obvious when you see it. There are pink flags or tape on the trees or something. Just look left, and if you cross the water, you missed it.

this is the purple right? And if you start at the lot it's also painful beginning. top of rolly poly all the way down to the lot taking all switchbacks, or there is a super fast direct route.

The DH that I was referring to is the white trail straight down. Ballz out speed.

Back
Top Bottom