WHERE TO RIDE THIS WEEKEND?

Cannonbill

Up north in Ringwood, Sterling, Wayway, Jungle, all no go. I called up, to Stewart at the same time we got the big dump in Ringwood ( approx 24 inches), they got the same. We had had two snowfalls since then and are still waiting for it to melt off. I assume the same for Stewart. If this warming trend stays true, I think we should be mostly clear, but muddy by next weekend, rideable the following weekend (April 8ish)

Mtbdog

Going to High Mt tomorrow will have a look and report findings. Recon today gave hope the weekend will be good enough. Still snow covered but only about couple inches of cover. Amazingly it's not a wasteland of broken trees. Did and Indian's and both were pretty clear.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Going to High Mt tomorrow will have a look and report findings. Recon today gave hope the weekend will be good enough. Still snow covered but only about couple inches of cover. Amazingly it's not a wasteland of broken trees. Did and Indian's and both were pretty clear.
With the amount of snow that melted today... I'm feeling optimistic for HM on Sunday

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I could have easily ridden Wildcat today. I hiked it. After the warm temps, theres only about 2"-4" of snow. I would say anything before 10 am would be OK since temps going to be mid 20's over the evening. I may give it go after work tomorrow.

I could have easily ridden Wildcat today. I hiked it. After the warm temps, theres only about 2"-4" of snow. I would say anything before 10 am would be OK since temps going to be mid 20's over the evening. I may give it go after work tomorrow.
Let’s us know how it is...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

excite.jpg

Mtbdog

Hit High Mt. today. Wolf and Indians was in fairly good condition with minimal drifting and very little tree interference. Plus size or Fat tires probably best bet for Saturday. We need some rides,mine were first tracks. I entered from Sanderling so maybe Circleswitch and those trails may be better. Trail to Space Mt. is a bog with a big tree down at very beginning.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wildcat recon. Lower elevations minimal snow cover. Ground still frozen so looks good. Bat cave to Beach Glen/ Meriden. Report from dam is a bit more snow but very rideable. I’d say anything in the morning probably good. I cleared trees from Bat Cave up to graveyard last week.

goldsbar

For some reason, this round of snow, which was still on top of the last round, seems to be melting much faster even though the sunlight has been around the same and the temps only a bit higher. There's a lot of snow where I am at ~900 feet, but most lower elevations are looking more spotty, albeit deep in spots.

Top Bottom