Where to fat bike this weekend?

Thin Diesel

So we checked it out, looks like most of the trails are packed, but at 50 degrees it was soft. I rode in a little but I was just cutting up the snow so we bailed. Over night with Temps at 24... Should be rideable in the morning.
Perfecto! Thanks for the report.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tourne wasn't too bad but the dog walkers haven't gotten to all of the trails yet.. Probably by the end of the weekend
20170318_084434.jpg

Thin Diesel

Probably would not have made much difference where I rode today... The unpacked snow was too deep and heavy to push through and the packed stuff was hard enough to ride a cx bike on

There was some magic snow in spots but some areas were very tough today.

Mr.Moto

Ringwood had mixed results. Only fire roads where 4x4's or snowmobiles pack the snow down are ride able. Singletrack was still untouched. If it was just snowmobile tracks, the snow was still pretty soft underneath so some hike-a-bike. However when we got to Pierson's ridge we tried airing down and it was mostly fun and ride able headed back down. Probably a combination of lower tire pressures and speed.

ReverendNewman

how is riding the beach with snow? Anything worth writing home about?
20170318_114036.jpeg
20170318_113402.jpeg
20170318_110403.jpeg

Nice and hard where the water washed up hours before. I thought it may be better closer to the water but it was spongey. It was easier then I thought, but still kinda hard. Couldn't imagine in the summer when the sand is much softer and all the foot prints. But I'll be out there. This is from Spring Lake southend boardwalk. And I rode up to the second pavilion and back. About 3 miles. 5psi rear, 4 psi front.

ReverendNewman

I mean define something to write home about. I was OK. Riding north, ur into the wind, coming south, it's at ur back. No one was on the beach. Nice and flat and hard/crunchy. So I can't imagine it would ever be anything to write home about. I didn't ride up on a suitcase full cash or some drug dealers cocaine shipment. LOL

Top Bottom