Where is trailhead

Dr Superb

I'd like to check out this place to see what it's all about. So, where do I catch the trail at?

TIA :getsome:

MtBKAB

I'd like to check out this place to see what it's all about. So, where do I catch the trail at?

TIA :getsome:

You really should look at it on Google maps because the street names on the RU Livingston campus are somewhat silly. Here are "official" directions per the RU Eco Preserve brochure...

From River Rd. in Piscataway, turn onto Cedar Lane. Go about 1/2 mile and take a left onto what's called Road 1 (or what looks like "Co. Rd. 702" on Google). Proceed around bend and take a left onto "Road 3". The entrance is about 1/10th of a mile on your left, but you can't park here. You'll park in a lot back at the intersection of Road 1 and Road 3.

Hope this helps.

MtBKAB

I was just getting ready to share a map link from mtbnj, but clarkenstein beat me to it!

The maps are OK, but I find them confusing because of all the "side' trails. We usually just navigate around and have managed to not get lost. If you go too far in any one direction, it seems you just end up back out on campus at one place or another.

ChrisRU

Be careful where you park. If you park in a Rutgers lot you may end up with a ticket. I've always had a permit so I've never had to worry. There may be some metered guest parking in the area, I haven't been over there in awhile.

Dr Superb

With all this being said, is this worth riding??? i'm sure i will get a parking ticket. i am a magnet for those things...

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
With all this being said, is this worth riding??? i'm sure i will get a parking ticket. i am a magnet for those things...

like any place its worth checking out, but i'd hit 6 mile instead if you are driving a longer/ish distance.

MtBKAB

I'd like to see this place fixed up, and think more bikes there would be a good thing. But that said, parking is iffy, and the place needs some more maintenance. With Chimney Rock, Six Mile Run, Round Valley, Sourlands, etc. around, I'm not sure I can confidently say it's worth checking out over any of those places.

allygadget

If you park in the lots by the ware houses you won't get a ticket and if you park anywhere and get a Rutgers ticket it means nothing. I am a Rutgers Alumni and the ONLY power rutgers has is over themselves so if you don't pay your parking ticket all they can do is with hold your transcripts etc but if you never went or want to go to the university they cannot do anything to you. The tickets don't transfer over to any kind of town nor can they go after you legally in any way.

No, it's not worth riding. I rode there the last time i visit NJ 8/09 and it was a sloppy mess. There were a couple of table top jump but they were pretty beat down and definately needs some maintainace. Besides, it you connect all trails, you may get a few miles, that's it.

Skakes

You could also park in johnson park on the other side of river rode. Its not that fdar from the entrance, a nice little warm up.

Top Bottom