When do they start to buy the dip?

terrabike01

My portfolio is heavily margined on the short side. So many broken trendlines. I think this can get ugly.
I don't think its going to too much worse. A lot of death spikes today's on the daily charts as the stops got taken out. I bought some FB in the lows $146's at the close for a trade. Think they start buying into the years end. That's just my two cents!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
it's october, always seems to be a bad month.

should see much volatility - with unemployment low, and wages moving a bit, there isn't that whammy of
income uncertainty - unless you are eli manning. I do expect some sort of new line to develop well below where
we were a few months ago.

question is, which part of the world will see growth?
Which industry? space-race maybe?
more military contracts - ie boeing,
time to get back into food stocks? or maybe just dividend funds?

terrabike01

it's october, always seems to be a bad month.

should see much volatility - with unemployment low, and wages moving a bit, there isn't that whammy of
income uncertainty - unless you are eli manning. I do expect some sort of new line to develop well below where
we were a few months ago.

question is, which part of the world will see growth?
Which industry? space-race maybe?
more military contracts - ie boeing,
time to get back into food stocks? or maybe just dividend funds?

Maybe Pot stocks? But, I think if you weren't in some of the names months ago you missed that train.

You may be on to something in the space-race space.

Patrick

Staff member
Maybe Pot stocks? But, I think if you weren't in some of the names months ago you missed that train.

You may be on to something in the space-race space.

So i do those full market funds - 40% us 30% international 30% dividend (rather than bond)
and i ignore it for the most part. no options, no futures. no hedge. no contra.
i don't believe one can beat the market consistently, esp as an amateur, so i'll take the market returns.

I do administer a trust with some money in it - it is all dividend producing to cover the expenses of the trust,
as increasing equity is not a priority. It is really a relief not to worry about the account value, as long as the
cash keeps coming every month....

just for disclosure reasons.

Last edited:

Patrick

Staff member
^^^made 19 seconds. the memory of this is occupying space in your brain?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I didn’t see any capitulation today. Only relentless selling. Drawing a trend line on the nas from ten years ago is scary. We have a long way til a bottom. The parabolic move of everything the last year and a half has to be questionable. I sold a couple ahorts to free up some cash at the end of the day but am still confident with most of my shorts. I don’t think TSLA is going to bri g the market back. We will see soon enough I guess.

THATmanMANNY

For years I’ve wanted to start this discussion but honestly it’s a dangerous one to have. Especially on a mtb forum lol. I respect you all but we aren’t professionals. All I have to say is take everything posted in this thread with a pound salt lol.

-patience
-you can never time the market wether it be buy or sell. When you walk away be thankful for what you got out of it or never do it again.

-

Top Bottom