When do they start to buy the dip?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Shortest bear market ever?
Perhaps but I see the FAANGS, financials, SP bouncing off resistance. We may be forming a right shoulder which may drag into the beginning of the year. But unless SP blows through 2825ish it may get ugly. I see lower highs on the down trend. We shall see. I had boight a couple brk.b 220 calls last week and one aapl call to hedge and closed them out thos morning. Added to my shortfolio.

rick81721

Lothar
Perhaps but I see the FAANGS, financials, SP bouncing off resistance. We may be forming a right shoulder which may drag into the beginning of the year. But unless SP blows through 2825ish it may get ugly. I see lower highs on the down trend. We shall see. I had boight a couple brk.b 220 calls last week and one aapl call to hedge and closed them out thos morning. Added to my shortfolio.

I don't follow that closely, but from I've read, most think the markets will continue trending higher next year. The economy is fine, growing better than the anemic, barely above water obama years.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

got into brk.b the week they were issued....just holding them. it is the only individual stock i own at this point, and it is its own fund.
I have an RMD in 2019, not sure i if i should take it on day 1, or wait. think i should just take it, and not have to worry.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I don't follow that closely, but from I've read, most think the markets will continue trending higher next year. The economy is fine, growing better than the anemic, barely above water obama years.
Markets are always at their best before a crash, everything is hunky dory.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
True. Also true: someone who keeps predicting a market downturn will always be right... eventually
You’re right. And potentially this can be a similar replay of feb 2018 and the start of another rally. I am thinking we have weeks of a rally left rather than a year or years. Hence this is also why I play a few longs on counter trends.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I think bonds are next. Maybe we retest 2580somethin monday and then maybe back to 2650. After that 2530 should be some aupport briefly. Financials have failed perfectly.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
everybody gotta eat! i messed with ADM and Cargil back when i was active. made some $$. not real money,
but some. they liked to bounce around in a range, so the old trade around a point.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
everybody gotta eat! i messed with ADM and Cargil back when i was active. made some $$. not real money,
but some. they liked to bounce around in a range, so the old trade around a point.
I just covered my shorts today. I am pretty heavy as of today on march bond puts. I picked up 2 facebook $130 feb calls and 2 uvxy march 75 puts for a quick trade. I don’t have the patience for long term trading so I try to focus on volatile market swings and stay mostly cash once they slow. AGNC has been a great dividend play in my ira for the last ten years.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anybody buying for long term yet?

I only like to buy at the peak of the market and have long term losses to carry forward for life.

This volatility has me spooked. I’m waiting on the sidelines. I’m not trying to time the market but I have some capital I’m waiting to work with. Still dollar cost averaging through all of this. I’ve taken some hits but still beating the markets so fund managers I’m with are so far making me happy.

Top Bottom