When do they start to buy the dip?

For years I’ve wanted to start this discussion but honestly it’s a dangerous one to have. Especially on a mtb forum lol. I respect you all but we aren’t professionals. All I have to say is take everything posted in this thread with a pound salt lol.

-patience
-you can never time the market wether it be buy or sell. When you walk away be thankful for what you got out of it or never do it again.

-
I second pretty much everything you said. I traded futures full time for a few years a while back and I will say there are so many variables that go into trading anything on any of the world markets. You really need understand the algorithms and have a time proven technical charting system of your own in place to even try to time the market on a short term basis. I'll also say you can drive yourself crazy reading most stock forums lol. Better to spend that time looking at chart patterns. They are usually never wrong. And lastly, why buy stocks when you can take that money and buy bikes!

So i do those full market funds - 40% us 30% international 30% dividend (rather than bond)
and i ignore it for the most part. no options, no futures. no hedge. no contra.
i don't believe one can beat the market consistently, esp as an amateur, so i'll take the market returns.

I do administer a trust with some money in it - it is all dividend producing to cover the expenses of the trust,
as increasing equity is not a priority. It is really a relief not to worry about the account value, as long as the
cash keeps coming every month....

just for disclosure reasons.

Auto-Investment. 3-fund portfolio. Ignore with the exception of rebalancing. That's been my primary method lately, helps me sleep at night. I'm also young enough that any dips in the market should be "STOCKS ON SALE!"

The dated retirement funds (Freedom 2050, etc) make it even easier/hands-off.

@MissJR thinks i"m crazy for keeping my cash in junk bonds though... We'll see how that minor reward works out in the end... :)

I think Amazon’s guidance is an example of how the china tarriffs will hit many companies. Today is going to be a lot of pain on the street.

As much as I think global markets need to fail and I would love to keep shorting I covered about 75% of my shorts yesterday. I think we may be testing long term support(dating back about 8 years.). I kept a few select shorts but also went long via January SQQQ puts. Technically we are at support, fundamentally our markets trade with more speculation than pharmaceutical stocks and have no reason to continue higher other than speculation.

As much as I think global markets need to fail and I would love to keep shorting I covered about 75% of my shorts yesterday. I think we may be testing long term support(dating back about 8 years.). I kept a few select shorts but also went long via January SQQQ puts. Technically we are at support, fundamentally our markets trade with more speculation than pharmaceutical stocks and have no reason to continue higher other than speculation.
Barring any crazy news I have been doing some charting the last few days. I think every chart looks like crap. I see maybe a 700ish point rally on the dow before shit hits the fan...but I’m only a welder.

so i'm thinking the passing of the data privacy laws in europe may have had an affect on tech in general - it touches almost
everything. the privacy groups here are taking that as an example, and pushing for it here.

in a nutshell, a company must be able to divulge what they know about you, and delete it at your request,
you own your data about you.

so i'm thinking the passing of the data privacy laws in europe may have had an affect on tech in general - it touches almost
everything. the privacy groups here are taking that as an example, and pushing for it here.

in a nutshell, a company must be able to divulge what they know about you, and delete it at your request,
you own your data about you.
That news didn’t create an entire market full of charts that look like they are about to fall off a cliff. Is the bogus bull market finally imploding?

Picked up some DWTIF 5 weeks ago. Speaking of cliffs, this has been a good one for me. Anti gravity belt has gone from $10.50 to over $22. Not to mention I can now get more than 4 gallons of reglar for under ten fiddy.

Picked up some DWTIF 5 weeks ago. Speaking of cliffs, this has been a good one for me. Anti gravity belt has gone from $10.50 to over $22. Not to mention I can now get more than 4 gallons of reglar for under ten fiddy.
Potential double bottom in the nasdaq clise yesterday and today. But russell looks ready for the death cross.

Back
Top Bottom