What's the plan for 2018?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
...i hope to clear my head in the saddle better than i ever have. i hope i melt that cold solid block of ore of stress so it flows out of me. i hope to reset myself on my bike so i'm not a dick when i'm in a bad mood. i hope to actually feel grateful when i'm out and that i'm healthy - like actually healthy. i plan on not letting riding get in the way of my family life, but letting riding get in the way of my work life. i hope to ride with some more people this year, have more night rides from my house (and therefore drink some beers afterward with people too) and just have a better time on the bike.

I can't say it any better than that so hopefully Clarkenstein won't mind if I borrow some of his inspiration.

V-Dub

View attachment 61366

I'll be working on re-gaining my confidence (and fitness) after my #bumthumb this past summer/fall. I'll be back on the big bikes and maybe hit some enduro/DH races although not 100% sure I need to race to have fun. What I am considering is racing BMX since there is a track practically in my backyard. Oh and I'll be coaching NICA.
So maybe you don't have to race to have fun but have fun racing. Let's do some Enduros

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Not Dead!

15-best-quotes-from-monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-dead-vs-happy.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I plan on doing the usual local stuff. H2H and MASS. I'll figure out which exactly when my family plans it's vacations, then I'll work around that. Last year taking off the first week in June seemed to help finish MTB season somewhat strong, till Lyme's. Anyway.

I am planning on heading back to West Virginia for MTB nats in July for XC and maybe short track. I had a blast last year despite being sick and almost DNF'ing. I recommend this event. It's the who's who of xc MTBing in the US.

I also want to do CX nats next December in Louisville, with the usual local stuff leading up to it.

Panhead

Coincidentally, I was just telling the story of how you gave @JohneeOxford and me a tour of WayWay back in '10. You were riding that root beer SS/Rigid Gary Fisher and killing it. I did an epic OTB into a chunky rock garden and chewed up my leg pretty good. Regardless, had a great time and was thoroughly impressed with you riding SS and rigid there.....actually was an inspiration for me to ride SS.

Happy to hear this is on your calendar for 2018.

I remember that day, nice golf ball knot on your shin as a takeaway. I traded my geared bike for tattoos a while ago, the only mountain bikes I have left is rigid single speeds. And a dumb ass fat bike that I want to toss in the lake. Got into the gym and rock climbing. This year is parachuting and hang gliding. Racing is way out of the question, just riding now.

xc62701

I'm looking at the fat 50, short track, H2H, NYS, Wilderness 101, and lots of CX.

Just a side note: no Rothrock this year. Construction in the forest has cancelled it this year. Bummer.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I plan on doing the usual local stuff. H2H and MASS. I'll figure out which exactly when my family plans it's vacations, then I'll work around that. Last year taking off the first week in June seemed to help finish MTB season somewhat strong, till Lyme's. Anyway.

I am planning on heading back to West Virginia for MTB nats in July for XC and maybe short track. I had a blast last year despite being sick and almost DNF'ing. I recommend this event. It's the who's who of xc MTBing in the US.

I also want to do CX nats next December in Louisville, with the usual local stuff leading up to it.
I’ll also be doing nats this year and SSusa in port jervis. Nats will be ss and short track.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your all doing our new Stewart H2H race and your going to LOVE it. Winners of each class will receive their very own potted poison ivy plant.

On that note, I should probably start figuring out the course since were only like 5 months away.

As for my 2018...
Make @Norm do an enduro race with me
finally fix the broken shifter on my road bike after 4 years of it kinda working
do more yoga
Avenge my loss to @stb222 in the mtbnj FF championship.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am going to spend my year trying to turn water into wine. Then I am going to buy 2 giant plaster letter Cs and put them at either side of our new front steps. So when I come home every night I can say that I parted the Cs to get here.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I almost want to see Utah do yoga.

Almost.

My plan is probably the same as every year:
-Ride mountain bikes and enjoy it
-Ride way more new places. And when I say new, I mean out of NJ new. I want to travel more this year.
-Start riding the cross bike as cross season gets closer
-Wonder why I'm not riding mountain bikes when I'm on the cross bike.

I'm going to see if I can do another year of only about 5 road rides. I'll probably do Hell of Hunterdon, Monkey Knife Fight and maybe bandit the NJGF again with no other riding that stupid bike in-between.

Maybe more yoga than last year. Maybe.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hot yoga is awesome. Too bad yoga is so expensive.

-A handful of H2H.
-Ride the new cross bike EVERYWHERE.
-Moar cross! ...and nationals road trip.
-Learn how to remount a cross bike betterer.

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
Hot yoga is awesome. Too bad yoga is so expensive.

If you have a specific studio, see if they do an unlimited option. I used to do that at my studio (until i had to stop altogether for a while last year due to back issues.) It worked out that if I paid the unlimited and took two classes a week, the price per class was like $12 whereas buying a package of classes worked out to about $20/class.

Hot yoga is great, but I find that if I spend anytime away from it, the classes feel like they move too fast for me to keep up when I come back. I hate poor form, but I feel like unless I stick with it for a long time, I have to sacrifice form to keep up. Of course, that's on me because I tend to lose flexibility very quickly. But anyone ever try Yin yoga? Yin is my favorite - you hold the poses for anything from two to eight minutes. It hurts like hell to hold some of those poses for that long, but every time I take one of those classes I feel great afterward.

Top Bottom