what's my bike?

ilnadi

who the hell decided small travel=29" and 27.5=big travel.
I mean I paid my dues, bought a fat bike to ride with my son and all, now I want a real bike.

who out there makes a decent 27.5 100-120mm travel bike.
mind you, fat, slow, old, don't need no fancy stuff...
trying to replace a 15-yr-old Gary Fisher Sugar that disintegrated so got donated

who the hell decided small travel=29" and 27.5=big travel.
I mean I paid my dues, bought a fat bike to ride with my son and all, now I want a real bike.

who out there makes a decent 27.5 100-120mm travel bike.
mind you, fat, slow, old, don't need no fancy stuff...
trying to replace a 15-yr-old Gary Fisher Sugar that disintegrated so got donated

travel is typically dictated by how bad you F up the geometry by adding space for travel. a long travel 29er will have a stupidly horrible wheelbase, long chainstays, long front. This will result in the bike not turning for dick diddly.
So with smaller tires you can get away with more travel. Which is why you see bikes setup this way.
You CAN get 100-120mm 26 or 27" bikes, but most people would want the 29er.

less than $2500 was my limit. Looks like I can get a bad habit or anthem AL or used Carbon for that. time to go test drive.
thanks all

less than $2500 was my limit. Looks like I can get a bad habit or anthem AL or used Carbon for that. time to go test drive.
thanks all
I went with a trance with 150 travel which is prolly overkill for the type of riding I do in nnj but I have to admit... I was intrigued with the anthem sx with 130 travel.

Back
Top Bottom