whats in that sand?

I don't understand, I was there 4 times last week and nothing. I did use bug spray one of the times.

as of last year I never had any issue with chiggers. last year and this year I have had them but they are thankfully not to bad.
The trick is to stay out of the higher grass and such and when ever you stop to try and stay in the center of the trail and out of the sand.

Sooooo Mike, to paraphrase for you, the trick is to either never stop.... or if you have to stop, you're only safe doing a track stand in the center of the path

just don't stop is how ill approach it... if I fall. im going right to the river and jumping in

as of last year I never had any issue with chiggers. last year and this year I have had them but they are thankfully not to bad.
The trick is to stay out of the higher grass and such and when ever you stop to try and stay in the center of the trail and out of the sand.

Out of the SAND? At Allaire?!?!?!o_O

Locals seem to have built up an immunity...they seem to prefer Benny blood.
Unfortunately not 100% true. @GLawn and I have both been hit hard by these little buggers.

I can tell you that I've picked them up riding through tall grass, not stopping and putting my foot down. If they are able to jump on Greg, given the speed he tends to be moving, they're some athletic insects.

So what do we wait for, 1st freeze? At the current rate of weather that might be sometime in February.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions