What's Happening This Weekend 5/12 - 5/13 ish

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mom.jpg

Remember... MOMS LIKE BIKES, TOO!

As always, please join the various groups for up-to-date info on rides and events. Also, I'll be updating this thread throughout the day, so please keep checking back! (And let me know what I've missed!)

THIS WEEKEND:
COMING UP

NEVER TOO EARLY TO MARK YOUR CALENDAR:

Last edited:
Stephens Trail Maintenance - J.O.R.B.A.

5-12-18 Saturday 8:30am - 12:30

Meet on Waterloo Valley Rd. where the trail comes up from Tilcon Lake.
We will then hike in with tools to clean up trails in that area.

185-205 Waterloo Valley Rd
Budd Lake, NJ 07828

40.909190, -74.756722

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...5aebe5fa!8m2!3d40.9093931!4d-74.7564844?hl=en

Bring yourself, water, gloves (I'll have some gloves if you need) BUG
SPRAY and a snack.

********Please rsvp via email snfilipponi@optonline.net so I know how many tools to bring.**********

Feel free to forward this to anyone who may also be interested.

Hope to see you there.

Sincerely,
Steve Filipponi
Jorba Chapter Lead, Stephens State Park

Allamuchy Deer Park trail maintenance Saturday May 19th between 8:30 - 12:30PM.

We will be parking at the parking lot between the 7 Eleven and Shell Station in Panther Valley and walking in.

40.903508, -74.823533

We will be working on a re-route of the connector from the Allamuchy Pond Trail to the White Trail that is perpetually wet/frozen.

Please bring water, bug spray and work gloves if you have them.

There will be bagels for those who RSVP (so we know how many tools to bring).
RSVP: allamuchy@jorba.org

Please check here for trail maint. news and cancellations due to weather: https://www.facebook.com/allamuchytrailcrew/
or call Marc 201-650-3176

Thanks in advance for your support!

Best regards,
Marc

just received an email (dated 5/15) from Nikki Ragonese (is she on this forum?):

Upcoming Marty's Womens Rides

A couple of weekly rides going on now!

Mondays at 9:30am I will be leading a beginner women's road ride from Loantaka South Street in Morristown. These rides will be around 15 miles in length, 11-13mph pace, no drop! I may be changing this slightly so that the first Monday of every month will be a beginner mountain bike ride then the other weeks will be back to road rides. Stay tuned for details on that.

Tuesday nights, intermediate coed road ride, leaving from Loantaka South Street as well at 6pm. These rides will be 16mph average pace and about 25 miles in length, the distance will get longer and the pace a bit faster as the summer goes on. These rides are NOT no drop and are aimed at more experienced cyclists.

*** If you would like to be included on her emails, please PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to her

just received an email (dated 5/15) from Nikki Ragonese (is she on this forum?):

Upcoming Marty's Womens Rides

A couple of weekly rides going on now!

Mondays at 9:30am I will be leading a beginner women's road ride from Loantaka South Street in Morristown. These rides will be around 15 miles in length, 11-13mph pace, no drop! I may be changing this slightly so that the first Monday of every month will be a beginner mountain bike ride then the other weeks will be back to road rides. Stay tuned for details on that.

Tuesday nights, intermediate coed road ride, leaving from Loantaka South Street as well at 6pm. These rides will be 16mph average pace and about 25 miles in length, the distance will get longer and the pace a bit faster as the summer goes on. These rides are NOT no drop and are aimed at more experienced cyclists.

*** If you would like to be included on her emails, please PM me with your email address and I'll forward it to her
She's not, as far as I know. Nor is John.

Glenn let me know about a fun monday alternative.
Barbara and Denise run a 20 mile fat bike gravel ride out of pluckemin/burnt mills park
6pm wheels down. fat bike not required. no drop, but spirited pace for a fat bike (like 13mph)
Ya need to sign up for the hilltop club, which is free or $5 if you feel like donating,
and sign a waiver before they roll. fun group. @Funk Freshington was there, rocking
a beautiful tcx. i got jealli

orange colored bikes prefered. (not really)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216378476243805&set=gm.1532614946865516&type=3&theater

Back
Top Bottom