What type of trails are at Allaire? More for the Intermediate rider?

Beginner rider here looking to step into Allaire, probably next weekend. I was curious to know if its mostly Intermediate trails or are there trails for the beginner rider?

giff06

The gps addy is listed on here somewhere. Try the JORBA parks thread. Allaire is very beginner friendly. Do yourself a favor and load Maprika into your smart phone and download the Allaire trail map. It will show you exactly where you are on the map at any given time so takes the worry out of being "lost".
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem( and sometimes Fattys)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
What day are you looking to ride? We run a beginner ride during the summer and have had some brand new riders come out and have fun.
if you see a black jeep with jorba stickers say hello I can give you a tour.
if you check here there is a good map this is also the map that will get loaded on maprika.
the only change on this I would suggest is to stick to the IMBA trail instead of the orange trail by the power lines.

http://www.mtbnj.com/w/images/b/bf/ALLAIRE_MULTI-USE_TRAIL_MAP.pdf

Mike C....

giff06

cant seem to DL any of the maps on maprika...anyone having problems with it too?
Apparently there is a problem with the Maprika site. Try again later. Pat downloaded a map yesterday with no prob. Its always good to print and carry the paper map also as Mike suggests.
E&P

What day are you looking to ride? We run a beginner ride during the summer and have had some brand new riders come out and have fun.
if you check here there is a good map this is also the map that will get loaded on maprika.
the only change on this I would suggest is to stick to the IMBA trail instead of the orange trail by the power lines.

Mike C....

Either Saturday or Sunday

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
Cool let me see what's going on at home but Saturday in the afternoon looks good for me...

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
So if you are interested we could meet at 1 for a tour of the park...
let me know if this works...

I dont think ill be able to make it this weekend...some things popped up. Thanks for the offer man! Well get out there at some point.

qclabrat

Mike C....
is the IMBA trail only the small part next to the powerlines? I took that last time then felt I was going in a circle so hopped back on orange by the lines. Is there a reason you suggest taking the IMBA trail?

@rlabar1288, its great tooling around the park, but would definitely take up offers for a tour. Allaire can seem like a maze with all the cut through trails. I'm a beginner as well and don't like holding people up, but the folks here are real gentlemen and ladies. Also be courteous to the horses and horse people, we like them more then they like us.

giff06

is the IMBA trail only the small part next to the powerlines? I took that last time then felt I was going in a circle so hopped back on orange by the lines. Is there a reason you suggest taking the IMBA trail?

@rlabar1288, its great tooling around the park, but would definitely take up offers for a tour. Allaire can seem like a maze with all the cut through trails. I'm a beginner as well and don't like holding people up, but the folks here are real gentlemen and ladies. Also be courteous to the horses and horse people, we like them more then they like us.

Post up next time you go, If we are available we can show you what we know of the park. We ride Allaire and Huber/Hartshorne more over the fall and winter.
E&P

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
@qclabrat The reason I say to duck down IMBA is the map shows the orange trail going up and then down by the power lines.
if you take IMBA it flows down to the back side and then to the hog bog if you look at the map the orange trail goes left up a hill then back down whereas IMBA follows the flow a bit better.
they both hook back up at the bottom of the hill and head towards the hog bog.
I am still in for a 1 pm Saturday ride if anyone wants a social pace tour.

WinTaper

+1... I almost always take the IMBA trail when doing the Orange - it does flow nicer. OTOH if you do climb that hill on the Orange trail - at the top, the very first trail to the right and straight down the hill can be a fun one.
- Dan

xc62701

If you want to make Allaire harder just go faster. Before you know it you'll have sand burns on your calves and probably hit a tree or two. That's how it usually goes for me.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions