What tool is overlooked far to often that every biker should own?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Multiple uses and plays music
Little large to carry on rides but fits perfectly in anyone's garage.

20190124_145416.jpg

All you need is endless supply of swedish fish.

mfennell

My buddy carries this kit with him on the road for tubeless repair. It's car plug kit in 1/3 scale.
511b-Ii7oKL.jpg

I didn't expect much it worked perfectly for a puncture just a little too big for the sealant to handle. He didn't even bother adding air until he got home an hour later.

Karate Monkey

High quality side cutters (10" or so) have no problem cleanly cutting bowden cable in the size that are used on bicycles. They cannot, however, cut SIS housing, which you'll need a tool for anyway, so...

You actually do need the wire rope cutters for, well, wire rope and braided cable, both of which are no longer being used on bicycles.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
For me it is the rear derailleur hanger alignment tool. The way and frequency I bash my rear derailleur it has paid for itself many times over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
My buddy carries this kit with him on the road for tubeless repair. It's car plug kit in 1/3 scale.
511b-Ii7oKL.jpg

I didn't expect much it worked perfectly for a puncture just a little too big for the sealant to handle. He didn't even bother adding air until he got home an hour later.
I carry one of these in my pack so. Naturally I took it out of the packaging and put it in a little bag and it takes up no room at all.

Top Bottom